- With an almost fractured spine a 60-year-old patient, Jeevan Chandra, also suffered from lung cancer.
- He was initially having his treatment at R.R Hospital for his excruciating back pain which took away his ability to walk.
- He was also diagnosed with a tumour in his spine
- After several tests conducted by the hospital it was seen that he was suffering from lung cancer.
- He was then referred to Fortis Hospital, Noida.
- There the doctors said that the cancer which formed in his lungs had spread to his bones, a condition which is known as multiple myeloma.
- It was also because of his cancer that he had an almost fractured lumbar spine with a tumour.
- For such a complicated medical condition, Dr Rahul Gupta, Additional Director & HOD Neurosurgery and his team at Fortis Hospital had performed a surgery, a vertebroplasty and provided the patient with 32 sittings of chemotherapy and almost 12 sittings of chemotherapy.
- Althrough now the patient is weak due to the intense medical treatments still he can now stand up and walk normally.
Source: The Times of India