- 58-year-old Hanumatha Rao suffered from chronic sciatica for five years.
- With severe lower back pain and radiation pain in the leg, Rao was admitted to Star Hospital.
- According to Dr. GPV Subbaiah, spine surgeon, Rao had previously undergone a surgery but his anatomy was deformed to such an extent that he could not even perform his daily activities.
- After doctors have performed the unique surgical procedure of Navigation Assisted Spine Surgery (NASS), Rao can now walk freely and is improving well.
- NASS is a better procedure that the conventional spinal fusion as it helps the surgeons to view 3D images that increases the accuracy and safety, said Dr. Subbaiah.
Source: Star Hospital, Media Update