- Director of the Baldota Institute of Digestive Sciences at Global Hospital, Mumbai, Dr. Amit Maydeo performed a new minimally invasive weight loss surgery on a 45-year-old Pushpa Kadam.
- Known as endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty, this procedure is approved by FDA and has been introduced for the first time in India by Dr. Maydeo.
- In this procedure, the size of the stomach is reduced by using an endoscopic suturing device called 'over stich'.
- Patients undergoing this procedure is not only ensured a less recovery time but also are discharged from the hospital on the same day.
- Resulting in almost 54 per cent weight loss within a year, the endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty even comes with a more reasonable price than other common bariatric surgery procedures.
- Kadam has effectively started shedding the extra kilos post surgery.
Source: Global Hospital, Mumbai, Media Update