- On his birthday, Faisal Byari got his life back after 6 hours of a heart transplant surgery at Manipal Hospital, Bengaluru.
- 31-year-old Byari suffered from a complex heart problem called single ventricle since birth.
- In this cardiac condition, there was only one pumping chamber and the main arteries in his heart underwent a shift that resulted less blood flow to the lungs turning him blue.
- Byari, therefore, could not participate in any physical activies during his childhood.
- As time passed his condition worsened. His heart valves suffered from leakages and no surgical treatment was available for him.
- Depending on medications for all these years, Byari finally got a chance for a heart transplant surgery and is recovering steadily now.
Source: Manipal Hospital, Media Update