- About 191 benign tumors were removed from a 34-year-old woman from Oman at Starcare Hospital, Kerala.
- Claiming it to be a world record, the doctors at the hospital said that previously a similar case was recorded with an Egyptian woman who had 186 tumors removed.
- According to the chief gynecologist Dr. Abdul Rashid, the four hour long surgery involved a blend of keyhole and traditional techniques in which neither the ovaries nor the uterus was removed.
- Though the team of three doctors speculated a number of 80 tumors, during the procedure they found out the other hurdred and eleven.
- The patient's condition is now stable with her uterus and ovaries unaffected.
Source: Starcare Hospital, Kerala, Media Update