- Doctors at Max Super Specialty Hospital, Shalimar Bagh, have successfully performed a baloon angioplasty on a 16 days old baby.
- The baby was born prematurely and had no pulse, heartbeat, perforation or blood supply below the chest.
- Her life depended on oxygen supply and had increased breathing and heart beat rates.
- She also faced difficulty in feeding.
- According to Dr. Gaurav Garg, consultant paediatric cardiologist at Max Hospital, the baby suffered from an extremely narrowed aorta which exerted pressure on her heart.
- The doctors had introduced the balloon through her legs after which the narrowing of the aorta was opened.
- She is now seven months old and has showed a stable progess in her health and weight.
Source: The Hindu