Neurology is the branch of medicine related to the study and treatment of disorders which are associated with the nervous system. The nervous system is made of the Central Nervous System and the Peripheral Nervous System.
The specialist who deals in the neurology department is known as a neurologist. A neurologist is responsible for treating the disorders related to the brain, spinal cord, nerves, etc. A few examples of Neurology disorders are listed below:
Spinal cord disorders
Speech and language disorders
A neurologist provides treatment to the disorders related to the nervous system but does not perform any surgery. If surgery is needed, the patient is referred to a neurosurgeon.
Some of the top neurology hospitals in India
NeuroGen Brain and Spine Institute
- The hospital works with several neurologists who have rich experience in treating developmental disorders such as mental retardation, cerebral palsy, Rett syndrome, learning disabilities, etc.
- The infrastructure is modern with state-of-the-art equipment to diagnose and treat the disorders with accuracy and precision.
- There is a medical team consisting of neurosurgeons, neuro physicians, pediatric neurologist, psychiatrist, orthopedic surgeon, general physician, urologist, andrologists and ophthalmologist.
- There is also a rehabilitation team of a speech therapist, physiotherapist, occupational therapist, aqua therapist, and a clinical psychologist.
Leading doctor - Dr. Alok Sharma
Experience of treating nearly 8000 patients of conditions like autism, cerebral palsy, motor neuron disease, intellectual disability, etc.
IBS Institute of Brain and Spine
- Established in 2011, the hospital is accredited with NABH.
- Provides comprehensive treatments like spinal cord stimulation, deep brain stimulation, peripheral nerve stimulation, sacral neuromodulation, brachial plexus nerve stimulation, drug pump insertion, etc.
- It receives more than 600 international patients per year and has now collaborated with SPINE MED to expand its facilities to Tashkent.
Other facilities include:
- Hospital vehicle or ambulance for airport pickup
- Variable options for accommodation
- Multi-linguistic interpretation
- Food and cafe for several cultures
Leading doctor - Dr. Kishan Raj
- 13 years of experience in neurology.
- Specializes in conditions like multiple sclerosis, neuromyelitis optica, myasthenia gravis, intracerebral hemorrhage, dystonia, choreiform movements, and facial spasms.
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Equipped with the latest technologies such as neuroanesthesia, neurosurgical intensive care and neuro-imaging technology which reduces the mortality rate significant by providing a precise and accurate diagnosis.
- Led by a team of the best neurologists in India working in association with neurosurgeons, neuro physicians, and rehabilitation specialists.
- The hospital conducted a rare therapeutic procedure, a redo of Deep Brain Stimulation of a patient suffering from Parkinson’s disease who had received DBS 7 years ago.
Leading doctor - Dr. Anoop Kohli
- Holds an experience of over 26 years.
- He is the founder Co-ordinator of Cerebrovascular diseases and stroke unit at the hospital.
- Established the first transcranial doppler lab in India.
- Specializes in Headache treatment, brain mapping, deep brain stimulation, Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation, clinical hypnotherapy, hemispherectomy, etc
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon
- The neurology department has several subspecialties to treat conditions like paralytic disorders, nerve-related disorders, management of epilepsy, sleep disorders, multiple sclerosis, headache, etc.
- There are subspecialized units such as advanced aneurysm treatment unit, neuro-endoscopy unit, functional neurosurgery unit, stroke unit, and minimally invasive spine surgery unit.
- It is accredited by National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare providers and National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories.
- Both private and semi-private rooms are available. Also, several hotels are available nearby.
Leading doctor - Dr. Praveen Gupta
- 9 years of experience
- Started the first stroke center in Gurgaon.
- He was also the first to use mechanical thrombolysis and started using DBS for epilepsy in Asia for the first time.
Recommended for you: Top Neurology hospitals in India