Dr. Randhir Sud is a renowned Indian Gastroenterologist with a thriving experience of nearly 40 years. He is the Chairman of the Department of Digestive & Hepatobiliary Sciences at Medanta Hospital, Gurgaon. In India, he commenced the GI Oncology program and has been working to inaugurate a therapeutic GI endoscopy. He served as co-chairman of the department of gastroenterology at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi. He began his career at the position of Junior Residency in January 1979 at AIIMS, New Delhi. Besides his academic accomplishments, he has also received medals including golds for his remarkable performance in medical examinations.
MBBS - Govt. Medical College, Amritsar (Punjab, India), 1978
MD - Medicine - All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 1981
DM - Gastroenterology - All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 1983
During 1981-1983, he worked as Senior Residency at AIIMS
During 1984 - 2010, he worked as a Consultant in GE at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital
During 1994 - 2004, he was an honorary visiting Professor at Harvard Medical School, Boston USA.
During 2004 - 2006, he was an honorary Visiting Professor at Alabama Birmingham.
Medical Council of India (MCI)
Indian Society of Gastroenterology
Association of Physicians of India
Bharat Ratna Priyadarshini award, 2003
University Gold Medal and Certificate of Merit for standing First in Final M.B.B.S Guru Nanak Dev University Punjab
Indian Society of Gastroenterology “Master in Endoscopy” gold medal 2004
First Prize in First Professional M.B.B.S Examination
Dr. Randhir Sud: 7 ways to keep your Intestine healthy
Drink plenty of water regularly.
Have frequent meals that include more fibers to keep your digestive system healthy.
Avoid taking sugary products, especially fizzy drinks.
Keep doing workout regularly.
Avoid eating foodstuffs that can cause acidity.
Chew food properly to avoid indigestion problems.
Consult Gastroenterologists if you face problems such as constipation, diarrhea, gas, heartburn (acid reflux), nausea and vomiting, or intestinal cramps.
A brief about his professional journey:
Dr. Sud got inspiration from his mom-dad to work hard and to dream big.
He entered the medical field with the purpose of providing medical services as a Gastroenterology specialist. With consistent hard work, he became one of the few prominent Gastroenterologists in India. Presently, he is also a board member in the department of internal medicine. In 2008, he received the Bharat Ratna Priyadarshini award for his incredible contribution to the department of Gastroenterology. While working in AIIMS in 1981, he continued his studies for MD from AIIMS, New Delhi. He has expertise over the treatment of Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Mucosal Resection, Steatosis, Hepatitis B, Gallbladder (Biliary) Stone, Peptic / Gastric Ulcer, gastrointestinal cancers, and hepatic diseases.
Dr. Randhir Sud- My steps to success:
1) Always have a clear vision: We should have clear goals and visions in our minds. It’s important to decide what we actually want to achieve and how we can reach that goal. Analysis of your area of interest is also significant. Becoming a doctor is something that needs sacrifices and one must have the motive to serve selflessly. Make sure you’re fulfilling all the criteria to become a doctor. Always have dedication and commitments towards your goal.
2) Discover your potential: Do not overwhelm yourself. Identify your potential and then accordingly set your career direction. If you think you need help in making career decisions, do take help from career counselors, family, relatives, or other sources. Once you discover your potential, focus, consistency & determination are the key factors to become successful. If we take the right steps at the initial stage, we will reach our destination definitely and at the right time.
3) Priority to academic qualifications: Before entering into the professional world, make sure you’re completing your education properly. If you’re skipping your higher studies then it would be difficult to complete it later. In the medical profession, higher studies matter a lot and it increases the chances of becoming a renowned doctor. The medical profession is a profession in which higher studies are a must to have a good command over your specialization.
4) Loyalty towards your profession: Make sure you’re loyal to your profession. Never try short-cuts to reach your destination as it can spoil your career. If you’re looking for permanent success and fame for yourself, make sure you’re working hard with honesty towards your profession. Don’t be greedy in your work, just treat people selflessly by providing the best treatment to the patients. Never lose hope and don’t take excessive pressure on yourself.
5) Attitude towards life: Positive attitude towards life, career, and profession is important. Attitude can make a difference in your life. Never lose hope and never stop trying to become a better version of yourself. Serving to the needy ones can give you a sense of satisfaction which can boost your confidence. Always try to be polite and avoid arrogance which can hurt others. Share your happiness, positivity, and always be helpful. Stay connected with yourself and society to live with peace.
If you’re searching for a prominent Gastroenterologist in India, visit Vaidam.com to book an appointment with Dr. Randhir Sud and get the best treatment done.