Within a few years Fortis Group of Hospitals have created their brand name and have become one of the leading hospitals in India. The two main cities where Fortis Hospitals are well established and notable are in Delhi and Mumbai. The most eminent ones are Fortis Memorial Research Institute (FMRI) and Fortis Hospital, Mulund, Mumbai. If you are planning to come to India for any medical treatments, you must consider Fortis hospital as your first few options.
If you aren’t aware about Fortis hospital in India, here are some things that make this medical centre highly reputed:
Fortis Escorts Heart Institute
1. The brand, Fortis, was established in 1996. Since then they have come a long way and had build some of the finest functioning branches around the country. They offer health care in around 55 facilities. It is an NABH accredited group of hospitals and have some of the best technologies and medical infrastructure for patients.
2. They were the first hospital in the country to have the electronic ICU. They were also the first in the entire world to ever conduct a Radiation therapy and use a digital MRI technology, 3 Tesla.
Fortis Group is the first to equip MRI 3 Tesla for better diagnosis and treatment
3. One of the finest groups of hospitals, Fortis has also bagged several awards since their inception.
- They have won the Medical Team of the Year Award at the BMJ, British Medical Journal Awards in 2014. In the same year, they achieved the Asian Hospital Management Award for Patient safety and HRD category and also the innovation in staff education award.
- They have been two times winners of the FICCI Healthcare Award for Operational Excellence in 2012 and 2013.
- Fortis Escorts Heart Institute has been the winner of the Best Institution Award by Delhi Medical Association in 2013. It has also been awarded as the
- Best Heart Care Centre in North India at the Global Healthcare Excellence Awards in the same year. In 2012, it also achieved the Best Single Specialty Hospital – Cardiology at India Healthcare Awards.
- Fortis Memorial Research Institute in Gurgaon, New Delhi had bagged the second position in the global survey of technologically advanced hospitals in the world conducted by ‘topmastersinhealthcare.com’.
- Fortis Hospital in Mulund, Mumbai has also won the Best Orthopaedic Hospital Award in the 2011 Indian Healthcare Awards.
4. The group of hospitals is specialized in internal medicine, dermatology, endocrinology, general surgeries, speech therapy, sports medicine, infertility, diabetology, rheumatology, renal science, cardiac science, critical care, neurosurgery, digestive care, orthopaedics and urology.
5. They are well-equipped with Ultrasound, MRI, CT, Fluoroscopy, X-Rays, Dexa, Mammography, 24*7 ambulances along with blood bank, bone bank, pharmacy, luxury and economy suites and trauma facilities available all the time.
Economy and luxury suites are provided to the patients by brand Fortis
6. FMRI is known as the ‘Mecca of Healthcare’ for Asia Pacific region.
7. Fortis Hospital in Mulund, Mumbai is well known for its heart transplant surgeries. They have performed over 18 heart transplants amongst which 4 were paediatric heart transplants. All of them were successful. They also have their own record of a heart transplant surgery within 48 hours on a 62-year-old man.
Patient care at Fortis is commendable
8. Fortis Escorts Heart Institute introduced the very unique Fortis Escorts Heart Alert Service that provides an expert ECG interpretation within minutes over the telephone on the basis of the symptoms of chest pain.
9. Fortis’ cardiac team has set a record by performing a heart retrieval and transplant surgery successfully in 100 minutes. They also surpassed all European medical centres when it came to performing the complicated CABG surgery with low mortality rates and low morbidity.
10. They have a large healthcare team that has certified physicians of bariatric, paediatrics, medical assistants, internal medicine and surgeons. All the doctors have a vast experience and have performed successful surgeries over the years. Their team of dermatologists along with oncologists have successfully treated several disfigured forms of skin cancers and tumours. Besides all of this, they have an advanced emergency team that is always ready to receive and handle urgent cases without any panic or hassles.
- Best Hospitals in India
- Best Doctors in India
- Cost Calculator
- 10 Essential Factors to Choose a Hospital in India