Dr Vikram. I. Shah is the best Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon in Ahmedabad,India with 35 years of expertise, set a world record in 2008 by completing 3,000 knee operations in a single centre. Total Knee Replacement Surgery, Joint Replacement Surgery, Orthopedics, and Orthopedic Surgery are all his areas of expertise. He is the only Indian surgeon to be appointed to Zimmer Inc.'s Board of Designers in the United States, and the only faculty member from Southeast Asia to be invited to the London Joint Replacement Conference. He is currently associated as a Founder, Chairman and the Managing Director of Shalby Hospital, Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
He completed his MBBS, after that MS, and he has received numerous national and international awards including developing the Orthopaedic Surgeons' Needle, which can easily pass through both bone and soft tissue which allowing surgeries to be completed more rapidly, Developed the Zero Technique for Total Knee Replacement Surgery, Dr B.C. Roy International Joint Replacement Surgery Award and also set a world record in 2008 by completing 3,000 knee operations in a single centre. He has also worked as a Chairman at Mumbai's Shroff Eye Hospital.
Dr Vikram I. Shah published many papers, including:
- June 2004, delivered 3 lectures on Balancing the MCL in TKR Management of tibial stress fractures by TKR Two-stage revision in infected TKR at the Contemporary challenges and techniques in hip and knee arthroplasty meeting held at Guilin, China
- June 2004, delivered 6 lectures at the Charnley launch meeting held in Beijing and Shanghai, China. Achieving good flexion in TKR Management of bone defects in TKR Pitfalls and tricks in TKA-How to get a better result with primary TKA Soft tissue balancing in TKR Valgus Knees THR in India- What we are facing
- July 2004, demonstrated live surgery at Manila, Philippines and delivered a lecture on “Why mobile bearing knee in TKR”.
- August 2004, delivered a lecture on “Basic concepts in TKR and THR” at Karamsad Medical College, Gujarat
- September 2004, delivered a lecture on “Knee revision with modular prosthesis” at the 14th triennial congress of Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- November 2004, delivered a lecture on TKR in severe Varus deformity at the 21st annual conference of the Maharashtra Orthopaedic association at Kolhapur, Maharashtra
- August 2005, delivered a lecture on “Recent advances in total knee arthroplasty” at the postgraduate lecture course of the Gujarat orthopaedic association at Smt. NHL medical college and Sheth VS hospital, Ahmedabad
List of some treatments provided by Dr shah
- Elbow Replacement Surgery
- Lateral Epicondyle Release (Tennis Elbow)
- Shoulder Replacement Surgery
- Acromioclavicular Joint Repair
- Repair of dislocations
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Wrist Joint Replacement (Wrist Arthroplasty)
- Knee Replacement Surgery
- Total Hip Replacement
- Tendon Repair Surgery: Flexor Extensor
- Thumb Arthroplasty
- Tendon Transfer
Things You Need to Know About Orthopedic Surgeons
Your musculoskeletal system is made up of bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, and muscles. Because certain areas of your body are so vital in everyday movement, it's typical to have discomfort in them.
Orthopaedics is the medical speciality that deals with these issues. An orthopaedic surgeon, often known as an orthopaedic doctor, is a specialist in this discipline. They can operate, but they're also competent to diagnose and treat problems with non-surgical methods.
Because orthopaedics is such a broad subject, most orthopaedic specialists specialise in a certain area. Hand, foot, and sports injuries, for example, are some of the most frequent orthopaedic specialities.
What procedures do they perform?
orthopaedic physicians prescribe several therapies and procedures.
- Nonsurgical treatments: Conservative therapies are another name for these sorts of treatments. Before suggesting surgery, orthopaedic physicians will frequently focus on non-surgical treatments. To assist maintain or increase your strength, flexibility, and range of motion in a specific region, your orthopaedic specialist may suggest specific exercises or stretches. Certain medicines may be prescribed by your orthopaedic specialist to assist reduce symptoms such as pain and swelling. Preventing extra tension on an area might sometimes aid in its healing. Braces, splints, and casts are examples of immobilisation methods. Your orthopaedic doctor may also be able to assist you with modifying your lifestyle. To avoid the aggravation of an injury or ailment, you may need to change your physical activity, nutrition, and exercise techniques.
- Surgical treatment: When conservative methods fail to improve a condition or injury, it's time to seek medical help. In certain situations, your doctor may advise surgery. Some examples of operations performed by an orthopaedic surgeon include Osteotomy is a form of surgery in which a portion of a bone is cut and subsequently repositioned. Arthritis can occasionally be treated with this sort of surgery. Joint replacement is a procedure that involves replacing a joint. The components of a joint that has become damaged or diseased, generally as a result of arthritis, are replaced during joint replacement surgery. Knee replacement and hip replacement surgery are two examples. Repair of soft tissues. This type of surgery is performed to heal muscles, ligaments, or tendons that have been badly injured.
Dr Vikram. I. Shah is India's most reliable and trusted orthopedist. He has helped thousands of patients and made a significant difference in their lives. His commitment and knowledge aided the patients in making the best decision possible. He is now the Chairman, Founder, and Managing Director of Shalby Hospital in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. It's one of India's top hospitals.