- 959 Beds
- Established in : 1983
- Multi Specialty
- Established in 1983, the Yeungnam University Medical Centre (YUMC) is located in the southeastern part of South Korea aiming to provide the best medical services with about 2500 employees.
- With 26 major Clinical departments and 13 Specialised Centres, it is a multispeciality Hospital particularly noted for the Health Insurance Review & Assessment Service (HIRAS) report on the successful numbers of major cancer surgeries in Korea based on operations from 2006 to February 2007. Having a high chance of survival for the many numbers of cancer surgeries, it has become one of the top-notched Hospitals in Korea. In fact, it was ranked 1st in the Yeungnam Region of Korea as "The World Best Hospital", selected by Newsweek, USA in April 2020.
- The Hospital invests in state of the art medical technologies namely like an advanced Dual 192 channel SOMATOM Force, 3D Mammography Unit ‘Selenia Dimensions 3D’, MRI 'Magnetom Vida', PET-MR (the first in Asia), etc to get the most accurate diagnosis and treatment along with the best medical care.
- YUMC was designated the best hospital in ‘Acute Stroke Appropriateness test’ in Daegu 6 times in a row.
- In 2017, it had the first successful "Arm Transplant Surgery" in Korea. In the same year, the Ministry of Health and Welfare nominated YUMC as the "3rd Superior General Hospital."
- In 2019, YUMC got the 1st-grade adequacy test in breast cancer 6 times in a row and stomach cancer 4 times in a row and in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease 3 times in a row. It also got 1st grades in adequacy test in infantile acute mesenteritis anti-biotic and in adequacy test in ‘Coronary Artery Bypass Graft’ along with adequacy test in Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. The General Hospital Nursing system also received the 1st grade for the first time among superior general hospitals in Daegu.
- It was designated a "National Safety Hospital" in 2020.
- The Hospital also has a Health Promotion Centre to perform early diagnosis and prevention through precise examination and diagnosis.
- The International Health Service Centre has been in operation since September 2006 to serve foreign patients with high-quality services and patient-oriented care. It provides a "One-Stop Service System." It has Korean and English speaking coordinators for assistance.
Select Medical Department of Your Interest
Team and Specialities
- The Stroke Centre in YUMC was graded an A in 9 evaluation in 2005 indices by the Ministry of Health and Welfare and the Health Insurance Review & Assessment Service (HIRAS) which makes its treatment system equivalent to those of the major Hospitals in Seoul. After acquiring more sophisticated medical instruments in 2008, the Centre has become more comprehensive, quicker, and accurate in its treatment of stroke patients.
- Having being given the 1st grading in breast, stomach, liver, and colorectal cancers, the Cancer Centre is one of the best in its region.
Top Doctors At Yeungnam University Medical Center
Dr. Jae Hwang Kim
Surgical Gastroenterologist , 38 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Dr. Kim Tae-yeon
Medical Gastroenterologist , 32 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Dr. Sungsoo Yoon
Liver Transplant Surgeon , 33 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Dr. Kim Sang Woon
Surgical Gastroenterologist , 37 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Dr. Shin Deok-seop
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon , 36 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
- YUMC has about 2500 employees consisting of 184 professors, 58 specialized doctors, 140 residents, and 37 intern doctors.
- It has ultramodern medical equipment such as an advanced Dual 192 channel SOMATOM Force, 3D Mammography Unit ‘Selenia Dimensions 3D’, MRI 'Magnetom Vida', PET-MR (the first in Asia), VITAL BEAM, robotic 'Da Vinci Si' System, NOVALIS TX, MAGNETOM Skyra 3.0 Tesla MRI, Polysomnography, Advanced Dual 192 channel SOMATOM Force, ict Elite, and 128 Channel CT.
- There is a 959-bed facility with general, semi-private (2 patients), private (1 patient), and VIP rooms.
- YUMC is located in the city of Daegu, southeast of Korea. Public transportations such as bus, subway, taxi are available to get to the Hospital. For more information, please click https://yumc.ac.kr:8443/PageLink.do?link=yumc/12_english/location
- Daegu International Airport is the nearest airport.
- There are continental eateries available outside of the Hospital. Also nearby are cafes, shopping malls, and tourist attractions like the Seongdang Pool, a Museum, E · WORLD 83Tower etc.
Comfort During Stay
- TV in room
- Private rooms
- Free Wifi
- Phone in Room
- Mobility accessible rooms
- Family accommodation
- Safe in the room
- Nursery / Nanny services
- Dry cleaning
- Personal assistance / Concierge
- Religious facilities
- Spa and wellness
- Business centre services
- Dedicated smoking areas
- Beauty Salon
- Special offer for group stays
- Parking available
- Diet on Request
- International Cuisine
- Medical records transfer
- Online doctor consultation
- Document legalisation
- Post operative followup
- Translation services
- Airport pickup
- Local tourism options
- Local transportation booking
- Visa / Travel office
- Car Hire
- Private driver / Limousine services
- Shopping trip organisation
- Air ambulance