- 360 Beds
- Established in : 1973
- Multi Specialty
- Gleneagles Hospital, Penang has been providing healthcare services for 48 years with the highest quality medical and surgical services, patient care, and support.
- It was given a JCI accreditation with a Gold Seal of Approval for international quality standards for patient care and organization management in 2016; a reflection of the Hospital's exemplary healthcare quality standards.
- It is a tertiary care hospital for both national and international patients providing a one-stop services.
- Its comprehensive medical and surgical specialities include Cariology, Interventional Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Electrophysiology, ENT, Endocrine Surgery, Foot & Ankle Surgery, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Oncology, Surgical Oncology, Gynaecological Oncology, Interventional Radiology, Paediatrics including Orthopaedics, Surgery, and Urology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery, Spinal Surgery and other specialities.
- The Hospital is also Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH) accredited.
- International patients are assisted in services such as visa, flight, doctor's appointment and hospital discharge, emergency, airport transfers, special dietary needs, accommodation, language interpretation, and local sightseeing.
1, Jalan Pangkor,
Team and Specialities
- The Hospital has more than 85 highly qualified doctors who specialise in their respective fields.
- It has three Centres of Excellence namely, Cancer Centre, Heart Centre, and Orthopaedic Centre.
Top Doctors At Gleneagles Hospital, Penang
Datin Dr. Vasanthie Balakrishnan
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon , 12 years of experienceBook Appointment SEND ENQUIRY
Dato' Dr. Simon Lo
Interventional Cardiologist , 35 years of experienceBook Appointment SEND ENQUIRY
Datin Dr. Ong Mei Lin
Interventional Cardiologist , 26 years of experienceBook Appointment SEND ENQUIRY
Dato' Dr. See Ewe Beng
Gynaecologist and Obstetrician , 40 years of experienceBook Appointment SEND ENQUIRY
- It has Clinical & Diagnostic Services which comprise Imaging, Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) Centre, Radiotherapy Centre, Scope Centre, and Weight Management Centre.
- General Facilities include a well-established 24/7 Emergency Department with Ambulances, Dietetics & Food Service Department, Haematology & Oncology Treatment Unit, Health Screening Centre, and Rehabilitation Centre.
- It has a comprehensive Pharmacy that consists of an Inpatient Pharmacy, Outpatient Pharmacy, and Oncology Pharmacy.
- There are 360 patient rooms with a selection of rooms on Suites, Private, and Sharing depending on one's budget.
- The Hospital is located on the island of Penang and is accessible from the mainland via Penang Bridge and Sultan Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah Bridge.
- Penang International Airport is about 25 minutes away.
- There are several 2 to 5 star hotels to choose near by but more so towards the eastern part of the Hospital. The average cost is about USD 21.
- Similarly, many restaurants and cafes can be found towards the eastern side which is about a 5-minute drive.
- Taxi services are available close by and are accessible easily.
Comfort During Stay
- TV in room
- Private rooms
- Free Wifi
- Phone in Room
- Mobility accessible rooms
- Family accommodation
- Safe in the room
- Nursery / Nanny services
- Dry cleaning
- Personal assistance / Concierge
- Religious facilities
- Spa and wellness
- Business centre services
- Dedicated smoking areas
- Beauty Salon
- Special offer for group stays
- Parking available
- Diet on Request
- International Cuisine
- Medical records transfer
- Online doctor consultation
- Document legalisation
- Post operative followup
- Translation services
- Airport pickup
- Local tourism options
- Local transportation booking
- Visa / Travel office
- Car Hire
- Private driver / Limousine services
- Shopping trip organisation
- Air ambulance