- 1600 Beds
- Established in : 1958
- Multi Specialty
- Gachon University – Gil Medical Center is a leading 1,600-bed multi-speciality, tertiary-care hospital founded in 1958, initially as a gynecological clinic.
- Ever since it was founded, the hospital has added various new-age treatments along with highly sophisticated equipment to offer world-class service to its patients. The hospital has also set up research institutes and implemented ERP and SMS-based appointment services.
- It is recognised as the first hospital to focus on scientific research and to have the first air ambulance.
- The hospital holds the distinction of introducing ''Navio', Korea's first artificial joint robotic surgery system.
- In 2016, Gil Medical Center started an AI-based cancer hospital.
- In 2014, it ranked among Korea's Top 10 research-focused hospitals. The center is leading research in developing new drugs for metabolic diseases and new brain imaging devices.
- Some of its specialties out of the 33 medical departments are cancer care, cardiology, cerebral center, ophthalmology and otolaryngology, emergency treatment, specialised women's center and dental center. There are also departments for obstetrics and gynecology, family medicine, pediatric cardiology, psychiatry and gastroenterology.
- The hospital has +500 expert medical professionals and +1,100 medical staff. Together with modern methods of diagnosis and expert medical staff, the hospital has treated +30,000 outpatients and +2,000 inpatients.
- It also has an International Healthcare Center to treat overseas patients. The center provides help with getting visa, pick-up from airport and accommodation. The center has interpreters for Russain, Mongolian, English and Chinese languages.
- The hospital is also geared to offer 'telemedicine' for immediate medical assistance.
- The hospital has modern and comfortable wards for its patients.
Select Medical Department of Your Interest
Guwollam-ro, Guwol 1(il)-dong,
Team and Specialities
The hospital's 33 departments offer specialised treatments in cardiology, cancer, eye and ENT, cerebral center, emergency treatment, specialised women's health issues and dental center. Some of its other specialties are pediatric cardiology, gynecology and obstetrics, family medicine, gastroenterology and psychiatry.
Top Doctors At Gachon University – Gil Medical Center
Prof. Chang-Hyu Choi
Pediatric Cardiac Surgeon , 25 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon , 25 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
- The hospital has a bed capacity of 1,600 beds.
- Besides, it has set up several research institutes, specialised centers and the International Healthcare Center to especially treat foreign patients.
- It has +500 specialists/physicians and +1,100 medical staff.
Gachon University – Gil Medical Center
1342 Seongnam-daero, Bokjeong-dong, Sujeong-gu, Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea.
The Gachon University – Gil Medical Center is easily and preferably accessible by either subway or bus. However, there is no direct subway and thus one will have to change to another bus or walk it up. By either options, it takes approximately 10-15 minutes.
Alternatively, there are several bus options which directly stop at the Gil Medical Center.
Comfort During Stay
- TV in room
- Private rooms
- Free Wifi
- Phone in Room
- Mobility accessible rooms
- Family accommodation
- Safe in the room
- Personal assistance / Concierge
- Spa and wellness
- Parking available
- Medical records transfer
- Online doctor consultation
- Document legalisation
- Post operative followup