Best Spine Surgeons in Singapore
Adjunct Asst. Prof. Jacob Oh Yoong Leong
Spine Surgeon, Singapore, SingaporeSenior Consultant, 18 years of experience , , , Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore Highlights
- Adjunct Asst. Prof. Jacob Oh Yoong Leong is a skilled Spine Surgeon with +18 years of experience.
- His clinical interests are Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery (Keyhole/Endoscopy), Adult Spinal Deformity (Scoliosis), Spinal navigation and Robotics.
- He is a member of the Asia-Pacific Spine Society (APSS), the North American Spine Society (NASS), the Society for Lateral Access Surgery (SOLAS), the Academy of Medicine of Singapore, Singapore, the Singapore Medical Council and more.
- Adjunct Asst. Prof. Jacob Oh Yoong Leong has completed his MBBS (2003) from the University of Otago, New Zealand.
- He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (UK) and MRCS (UK).
- He is the author of various papers and publications.
- Adjunct Asst. Prof. Jacob Oh Yoong Leong is well-versed in Malay, Mandarin and English.
Dr. Mark Tan
Spine Surgeon, Singapore, SingaporeConsultant, 12 years of experience , , , Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore Highlights
- Dr. Mark Tan is a Spine surgeon with more than 12 years of experience.
- His clinical specialities include spine surgery and orthopaedic surgery.
- He is a member of the Academy of Medicine of Singapore, Singapore and the Singapore Medical Council.
- Dr. Mark Tan has completed his MBBS (2010) and M.Med from the National University of Singapore, Singapore.
- He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (UK) and MRCP (UK).
- Dr. Mark Tan is well-versed in Mandarin, Cantonese, Hokkien and English.
Dr David Wong
Spine Surgeon, Singapore, SingaporeConsultant, 25 years of experience , , Raffles Hospital, Singapore Highlights
Artificial Disc Replacement surgery for cervical and lumbar spine Minimally invasive spine surgery Percutaneous disc nucleoplasty Vertebroplasty
- Dr David Wong is an orthopaedic surgeon having more than 25 years of expertise.
- Services provided by him includes artificial disc replacement surgery for cervical and lumbar spine, minimally invasive spine surgery including percutaneous disc nucleoplasty, percutaneous biacuplasty, vertebroplasty, kyphoplasty, and minimally invasive microdiscectomy. hybrid spinal fusion for chronic low back pain, revision spinal surgery for failed back syndrome, and spinal deformity correction surgery.
- Dr. Wong earned his NUS degree in 1985 and completed his fellowship training at Nottingham's Queens Medical Centre in 1998. In-depth exposure to the treatment of a wide range of spine disorders, such as scoliosis, spinal tumours and infections, spinal fractures, and degenerative conditions causing neck and back discomfort, is part of his surgical training.
- He is qualified to do thoracoscopic scoliosis surgery as well as artificial disc replacement surgery for persistent neck and low back discomfort. He specialises in kyphoplasty, vertebroplasty, biacuplasty, and percutaneous nucleoplasty. For these techniques, he had led numerous workshops both locally and regionally. He is a member of the Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association's Spine Section as well as local faculty for AO Spine.
- Dr David Wong is fluent in English.
Dr. Lee Haw Chou
Spine Surgeon, Singapore, SingaporeConsultant, 25 years of experience , , Farrer Park Hospital, Singapore Highlights
Osteoporosis Treatment Spine Surgery
- Dr. Lee Haw Chou is an orthopedic surgeon having more than 25 years of expertise.
- Services provided by him includes diagnosis and treatment of spinal diseases.
- Dr. Khong received his medical degree from the NUS Faculty of Medicine (1977). He earned his Master of Medicine and was a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (Glasgow) (General Surgery).
- After receiving his Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery degree from the National University of Singapore in 1993, he continued his surgical study and earned his Fellowship in Surgery from the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, in 1998. He was then admitted to the Singapore Orthopedic Training Program and graduated in 2003 after passing the FRCSEd exam (Ortho). He did several short-term fellowships in spine in Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and England. He also spent a year in the United States (at the University of Missouri) studying with several masters of spine surgery.
- Dr. Lee was Senior Consultant and Chief of Spine Service at Changi General Hospital's Orthopedics Department until starting his own practise in August 2012. (CGH). He founded the Spine Service in 2009, oversaw the training of its spine surgeons, and built a thorough patient care programme wherein patients are guided through the surgery process and its rehabilitation with a cross-disciplinary team of doctors, nurses, and physiotherapists.
- Dr. Lee is also dedicated to enhancing medical procedures, and over the years, she has been awarded numerous grants from the Ministry of Health's Healthcare Quality Improvement Fund. Additionally, he has led efforts to streamline hospital-wide procedures for treating clinical infections, administering thromboprophylaxis, and providing multidisciplinary care for elderly patients with hip fractures. He was the recipient of the Singhealth Service Quality Award and received other accolades for quality improvement.
- Dr. Lee Haw Chou is fluent in English, and Mandarin.
Dr. Yue Wai Mun
Spine Surgeon, Singapore, SingaporeConsultant, 28 years of experience , , Farrer Park Hospital, Singapore Highlights
Complex Spinal Problems of the Cervical and Lumbar Spine Computer Navigated Spine Surgery Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Dr. Yue Wai Mun is an orthopedic surgeon having more than 28 years of expertise.
- Services provided by him includes complex spinal problems of the cervical and lumbar spine, computer navigated spine surgery, and minimally invasive spine surgery.
- Dr. Yue earned his degree from the National University of Singapore in 1992, and in 1998, the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh accepted him as a fellow member. His orthopaedic surgery residency was done in Singapore, where he also won the N Balachandran Memorial Award for Outstanding Orthopaedic Trainee in 2001. He finished his clinical Spine Fellowship with the University of Missouri-Columbia/ Columbia Orthopaedic Group in 2003 after receiving the Health Manpower Development Plan award from the Ministry of Health, Singapore. In 2004, he was elected as a Fellow of the Academy of Medicine (Orthopedic Surgery).
- After that, the Ministry of Health in Singapore granted Dr. Yue the Health Manpower Development Plan (HMDP) Grant so that he may do his clinical spine fellowship with the University of Missouri-Columbia and Columbia Orthopaedic Group in 2003. In 2004, he was named a Fellow of the Singapore Academy of Medicine (Orthopedic Surgery).
- Previously, Dr. Yue worked as a senior consultant in the Singapore General Hospital's Department of Orthopaedic Surgery's spine service (SGH). Among his various positions at SGH, he also served as the director of the spine fellowship programme, the director of quality assurance, and the director of clinical governance. He continues to serve as SGH's guest consultant.
- In addition, Dr. Yue reviews articles for a number of prestigious scientific journals, including Spine, the premier journal for the investigation and treatment of spine problems. He has written numerous articles on spinal deformities, cervical spine surgery, cervical disc replacement surgery, and minimally invasive spine surgery. Additionally, he has delivered numerous talks at national and international scientific conferences, and in 2010, the Society for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery convention in the United States honoured him for his best work.
- Dr. Yue Wai Mun is fluent in English, and Mandarin.
Dr Sittampalam Krishnamoorthy
Spine Surgeon, Singapore, SingaporeConsultant, 30 years of experience , , Raffles Hospital, Singapore Highlights
Adult reconstructive surgery (hip and knee) Spine surgery Arthroscopic surgery Sports injuries
- Dr Sittampalam Krishnamoorthy is an orthopaedic surgeon having more than 30 years of expertise.
- Services provided by him includes adult reconstructive surgery (hip and knee), spine surgery, arthroscopic surgery and sports injuries.
- He pursued MBBS from University of Singapore, Singapore in 1966, and MCh (Ortho) from University of Liverpool, United Kingdom in 1972.
- His areas of expertise include arthroscopic surgery, sports injuries, spine surgery, and adult reconstructive surgery (hip and knee).
- A member of the Singapore Football Association's council is Dr. Krishnamoorthy. He spent many years on the Asian Football Confederation's advisory committee as well as the Singapore Sports Council's. He previously held the position of Head of the Orthopaedics Department at Singapore General Hospital, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, and Alexandra Hospital.
- Dr Sittampalam Krishnamoorthy is fluent in English.
Dr. Mohammad Mashfiqul Arafin Siddiqui (Dr. Mash)
Spine Surgeon, Singapore, SingaporeSenior Consultant, 18 years of experience , Farrer Park Hospital, Singapore Highlights
Microdiscectomy Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery Spinal Fusion and Scoliosis Surgery Surgery for Spinal Fractures and Tumors Vertebroplasty or Kyphoplasty
- Dr. Mohd Mashfiqul Arafin Siddiqui (Dr. Mash) is an orthopedic surgeon and spine surgeon having more than 18 years of expertise.
- Services provided by him includes minimally invasive spinal surgery, microdiscectomy, artificial disc replacement, spinal fusion and scoliosis surgery, computer navigated and revision spinal surgery, vertebroplasty/kyphoplasty, surgery for spinal fractures and tumors, and general orthopedics.
- Dr. Mash graduated from NUS with a degree in general medicine. After completing his postgraduate studies in orthopaedic surgery, he was awarded a fellowship by the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. Later, he received additional training in spinal surgery from renowned spinal surgeons with backgrounds in orthopaedic and neurosurgery at Royal Alexandra Hospital, University of Alberta Hospital, and the Stollery Children's Hospital.
- He was a core faculty member for SingHealth's orthopaedic surgery residency programme as well as a clinical senior lecturer at the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine at the National University of Singapore (NUS).
- Dr. Mash has presented at numerous international meetings in addition to his clinical work, including those hosted by the International Society of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology (SICOT), American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS), North American Spine Society (NASS), European Society of Sports, Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy (ESSKA), Asia Pacific Orthopedic Surgeons (APOA), Global Spine Congress, and the International Meeting on Advanced Spine T (IMAST). As well as continuing to actively publish in international spine publications, he also routinely contributes scientific material to the annual meeting of the Singapore Orthopedic Association. Dr. Mash has also made extensive international travels to deliver lectures and train prospective spine surgeons in his surgical methods. He participates in community service projects and loves sports.
- Dr. Mohd Mashfiqul Arafin Siddiqui is fluent in English, Hindi, and Bengali.
Need help choosing the right doctor
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team!
Patients from 85+ countries have trusted Vaidam
NABH Certified Healthcare Discovery Platform
Vaidam is NABH certified healthcare discovery platform that will connect you to top-notch medical experts, hospitals, wellness options, and trusted travel partners to help identify and make the right healthcare choices.
Researched & Personalized Treatment Plan - Under One Roof
You can search for the best hospitals in India to treat cancer and ailments of the heart, bones or kidney, read about them, view photographs of the facilities at the hospitals and the places at which the hospitals are located, and check the cost of treatment.
Quality Treatment Within Your Budget
As soon as you post an enquiry, the patient relation team will collect details from you, share them with the doctors and hospitals on Vaidam's panel, and get a personalized treatment plan. We research to get quality treatment within your budget
Treatment to Travel
Vaidam concierge assists patients, to get medical Visa to travel to India, the best airline fares and arrangements for your stay. Our concierge also helps you with daily travel, language, and food concerns. Vaidam does everything to be your perfect host. All of Vaidam’s services are free of cost to patients.
If you are looking for medical care in India (New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad or Ahmedabad) or in Turkey (Istanbul,Ankara or Antalya), Vaidam Health has a network in each of those cities.
Vaidam Health gets the prestigious NABH accreditation
Vaidam Health Coverage by Medical Travel Today - The Authoritative Newsletter for Medical Tourism
Vaidam Health gets covered by 'Your Story', India's Leading Online Magazine
Know how it works in less than 90 secs
Savoir comment cela fonctionne en moins de 90 secondes
Sepa cómo funciona en menos de 90 segundos
اعرف كيف يعمل في أقل من 90 ثانية
Узнайте, как это работает менее чем за 90 секунд
View More Updates
Note: Vaidam Health does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. The services and information offered on www.vaidam.com are intended solely for informational purposes and cannot replace the professional consultation or treatment by a physician. Vaidam Health discourages copying, cloning of its webpages and its content and it will follow the legal procedures to protect its intellectual property