About Prof. Dr. med Terttu A Pietila
- Dr. Terttu A. Pietila is a highly experienced Neurosurgeon with extensive experience of 35 years in performing microsurgical operations related to the injuries, diseases and malformations of the spine, skull, spinal cord, peripheral nerves and brain.
- She is a professional member of the German Society for Neurosurgery, German Cancer Society, German-Arab Medical Society eV, German-Arab Medical Association and the European Association of Neurosurgical Societies (EANS) among other memberships. She was a Member of the Advisory Board of the Hagedorn Foundation (2009-11), Member of the Erich and Katharina Zinkann Foundation, Bielefeld, Germany (2013-15) and a Board Member of the Society for Epilepsy Research eV Bielefeld, Germany (2009-15).
- During 1976-81, she did her medical studies at Ruhr University Bochum and the University of Essen, Germany. During 1977-78, she was a preparatory student for neuroanatomy, Chair of Anatomy II, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany.
- In 1981, she did her internship at the Neurosurgery University Hospital Essen, Germany.
- She is an expert in treating lipomas and neuromas, pituitary adenomas and pituitary tumours, Tarsal tunnel syndrome, Carpal tunnel syndrome, Ulnar sulcus syndrome, Recklinghausen's disease and Hippel-Lindau Syndrome. She treats herniated discs in the lumbar, thoracic spine and cervical areas, spinal stenosis and foraminal tightness.
- She has expertise in performing minimally-invasive stabilising operations of the spine, Hemangioblastomas (brain and spine), nerve transplants.
- She has delivered over 160 scientific lectures in Germany and across the world.
- She has written for 100+ articles for scientific publications.
- She has been teaching at various seminars, lectures, clinics since 1985.
Lymphoma Meningiomas Astrocytomas Acoustic neuromas Trigeminal neuromas Gliomas Glioblastomas Lymphomas Hemangioblastomas Ependymomas Hamartomas Pineal tumors Medulloblastomas Skull base tumours
Work Experience of Prof. Dr. med Terttu A Pietila
Chief, Meoclinic Hospital, Berlin
Director, Neurosurgery Clinic, Ingolstadt, Germany
Senior Consultant, Charité University Medicine Berlin, Germany
Prof. Dr. med Terttu A Pietila's
- MD, 2008, Eberhard Karls University, Tubingen, Germany
- MD, 2000, Barrow Neurological Institute, USA and Free University, Berlin.
- Graduation, 1981, Ruhr University Bochum and the University of Essen, Germany
- Long-Term Outcome Of Lesional Posterior Cortical.
- Long Term Outcome In Patients Not Initially Seizure Free After Resective Epilepsy Surgery.
Wondering where to start?
(Get Free opinion, Quote, Medical Visa Invitation and Assistance at every step of your treatment.)