About Dr. Thomas Hilton
- Dr. Thomas Hilton is an orthopedic surgeon with over 10 years of experience in this profession.
- The doctor's services include performing joint replacement/arthroplasty surgeries and resecting bone and soft tissue cancers.
- He spends a lot of time treating patients whose tumours have gone to their bones, such as breast and prostate cancer. Metastatic bone disease is a condition. These patients can live for a long time following their diagnosis, so it's critical to provide them with the best function and the least amount of suffering possible.
- Dr. Hilton graduated from the University of Cape Town with a bachelor's degree in 2005. On the North Coast of KwaZulu-Natal, he completed his internship, community service, and medical officer training at Ngwelezana Hospital. Dr. Hilton earned diplomas in Anaesthesia (DA) and Primary Emergency Care at this period (DipPEC).
- In 2010, he completed an orthopaedic speciality in Orthopaedic Surgery at the University Hospital Galway in Ireland, before returning to the University of Cape Town and both Groote Schuur and Red Cross Children's Hospitals in January 2016.
- Dr. Hilton then completed orthopaedic oncology and joint reconstruction surgery fellowships. Under the supervision of Dr Keith Hosking, he completed his first fellowship at Life Vincent Pallotti Life Orthopaedic Hospital, Red Cross Children's Hospital, and Groote Schuur Hospital in Cape Town. The second was carried out at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore, London, in the United Kingdom.
- His research covers a wide range of topics, including primary joint replacement, limb reconstruction following sarcoma resection or failed arthroplasty, salvage of infected prostheses, and amputee treatment. His profession includes working with implant firms on innovation and implant design to identify management strategies for complicated challenges that are regarded to be unsolvable.
- Dr. Thomas Hilton is fluent in English.
Complex joint replacement Infected joint replacement Bone & soft tissue tumours Failed & complex trauma
Wondering where to start?
(Get Free opinion, Quote, Medical Visa Invitation and Assistance at every step of your treatment.)
Work Experience of Dr. Thomas Hilton
Consultant, Busamed Paardevlei Private Hospital, Cape Town
Consultant, University Hospital Galway, Ireland
Dr. Thomas Hilton's
- , MMED, University of Cape Town
- , DipPEC(SA)
- , FCS Orth
- , 2005, MB ChB, University of Cape Town
Fellowship Training Orthopaedic Oncology and Joint Reconstruction Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Cape Town Royal National Orthopaedic Hosptial Stanmore, London.