About Dr Rafik Abu Samra
- Dr Rafik Abu Samra is a recognised Cardiac Surgeon with over 20 years of expertise.
- He introduced the first unit of Robotic-Assisted Cardiac Surgery (using the Da Vinci system) in the UAE.
- His interest lies in conventional CABG, Endoscopic MIDCAB, minimal invasive MIDCAB Robotic-Assisted (Da Vinci System), and minimally invasive mitral and aortic valve repair and replacement.
- He is a member of the Polish Society of Cardio-Thoracic Surgeons, the European Association for Cardiothoracic Surgery, the International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiothoracic Surgery and the Emirates Medical Association.
- Dr Rafik Abu Samra completed a Doctor of Medicine Diploma in 1993 from the University of Silesia Katowice, Poland.
- He was awarded a General Surgery degree in 1997 and another degree in cardiac surgery in 2003.
- He obtained a PhD degree (2011) in cardiac surgery in Poland.
- Dr Rafik Abu Samra did the General Surgery Specialisation Exam (1998) & Cardiac Surgery Specialisation Exam (2003) in Poland.
Minimally invasive saphenous vein harvesting, Valvular surgery, Mitral valve repair, Thoracic aortic disease.
List Of Treatments
- Cardiac OPD Procedures
- ECG-Treadmill Test TMT
- 24 Hour Holter Monitoring
- Ambulatory BP Monitoring (ABPM)
- Echocardiography with Color Doppler
- Stress Echocardiographyn
- Myocardial Perfusion Imaging (MPI) Test
- Thallium Test - Nuclear Stress Test
- 64 Slice CT Angiography
- PET Scan
- Off Pump beating CABG LV restoration
- Valve Repair Replacement
- Atrial Fibrillation Surgery
- Ross Procedure
- Cardiac Tumour Treatment
- Aortic Dissection Repair Surgery
- Minimal access surgeries for valves
- ASD (Atrial Septal Defect) Closure
- Peripheral Angiogram
- Heart Bypass Surgery (CABG)
- Aortic Valve Replacement
- Mitral Valve Replacement
- VSD Closure (Adult) Surgery
- Heart Double Valve Replacement
- PPI-Permanent Pacemaker Implant - Double Chamber
- CRT- D Implant (Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy)
- Single Bypass and Valve Replacement
- Valve Replacement
- Congenital Heart Disorder CHD
- Heart Bypass - Minimally Invasive CABG
- Heart Implants
- Rotational Atherectomy
- Redo CABG
- Angioplasty - 1 Stent
- Angioplasty - 2 Stent
- VP Shunting - Programmable Device
- AV Canal repair
- Bentall procedure
- ICD Implantation
- Balloon mitral valvotomy
- Cardiac ablation
Work Experience of Dr Rafik Abu Samra
Consultant, Medical University of Silesia, Poland
Consultant, American Heart of Poland, Poland
Dr Rafik Abu Samra's
- Diploma, 1993, University of Silesia Katowice, Poland
- Post Graduation, 2011, Poland
Wondering where to start?
(Get Free opinion, Quote, Medical Visa Invitation and Assistance at every step of your treatment.)