About Dr. Nicandro Figueiredo
- Dr. Nicandro Figueiredo is a leading Spinal Neurosurgeon with +24 years of experience in the field of neurosurgery and orthopedic surgery.
- He holds professional memberships of the, North American Spine Society, the AO Spine (Switzerland), Brazilian Spine and Neurosurgical Society and the UAE Neurosurgical Society among other affiliations.
- Dr. Figueiredo completed his medical school from the University of Brasilia, followed by residency at the Base Hospital of Brasilia and PG too. In 1997, he also underwent a post-residency training at the Johns Hopkins Hospital and New York University, in USA. Between 1999-00, he earned fellowships from the Johns Hopkins and the University of Wisconsin Hospital, USA.
- He is a reputed neurosurgeon, with expertise to perform spinal surgeries in children and adults, spinal deformity corrections/trauma/percutaneous kyphoplasty/tumours/cysts/infections. Some of the other surgeries he performs are, minimally invasive spinal surgeries, microsurgery, spinal fusion, arthroplasty techniques, spinal neuronavigation and O-arm for 3D intraoperative image acquisition.
- Besides his surgical practice, Dr. Figueiredo also pursues his academic interests. He is a Visiting Professor of Neurosurgery for the Medical School and Residency Program of Neurosurgery, at the University of Cuiaba, in Brazil.
- Dr. Figueiredo also attends national and international conferences, where he speaks, instructs or is invited as a guest.
- Prof. Figueiredo has many published papers and book chapters to his name. He is the Academic Editor of the section of spinal surgery, Journal Medicine®, USA, and a reviewer of many other medical journals.
Spinal problems and spinal surgery for adults and children; Treatment of disc diseases and spinal stenosis affecting the cervical, thoracolumbar, sacral and coccygeal region, causing pain at the neck, arms, lower-back and leg (sciatic pain) and “tail-bone” (coccyx); Use of conventional, mini-open, minimally invasive spinal surgeries, microsurgery, spinal fusion, arthroplasty techniques, spinal neuronavigation and O-arm for 3D intraoperative image acquisition; Spinal deformity, including scoliosis and hyperkyphosis, and spinal malformations; Spinal trauma (anterior and/or posterior decompression and fixation); Percutaneous kyphoplasty and spinal biopsy; Spinal tumours and cysts Spinal infections
List Of Treatments
- Kyphosis (Hunchback) Treatment
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Revision Spine Surgery
- Spine Tumour Surgery
Wondering where to start?
(Get Free opinion, Quote, Medical Visa Invitation and Assistance at every step of your treatment.)
Work Experience of Dr. Nicandro Figueiredo
Professor, King's College Hospital, Dubai
Consultant, Medcare Orthopedics & Spine Hospital
Dr. Nicandro Figueiredo's
- Fellowship, 2012, University of Wisconsin, USA
- MPTh, 2009, Universidade de Brasilia
- Fellowship, 2000, Johns Hopkins University
- Post Graduation, 1999, Universidade de Brasilia
- MBBS, 1993, Universidade de Brasilia
- The Migration of Kirschner Wire from Left Distal Clavicle to the IntraDural Anterior Thoracic Spine.
- Neurological Terminology To Describe The Motor Exam Of Patients With Spinal Cord Injury.
- Motor Exam Of Patients With Spinal Cord Injury: A Terminological Imbroglio.