About Dr. Kirubakaran A/L Malapan
- Dr. Kirubakaran A/L Malapan is a skilled Bariatric Surgeon in Penang, practising for over 20 years.
- He has been awarded the Certificate of Excellence by the Ministry of Health, Malaysia, (APC) - 2002, 2008, 2015.
- He is an experienced clinician in General Surgery, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Breast Surgery, Endocrine Surgery, Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery and Nutrition & Metabolism.
- He is the co-founder of Penang Weight Loss Clinic & Surgery, which specializes in the Multidisciplinary Team approach for managing people living with obesity (PLWO) and their medical conditions.
- He is a member of the Academy of Medicine of Malaysia (AMM), the Malaysian Medical Association (MMA), the Parenteral & Enteral Nutrition Society of Malaysia (PENSMA), the Hernia Society of India (HSI), India, the Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS) and more.
- Dr. Kirubakaran A/L Malapan has several publications, journals, and articles to his name.
- He has completed an MBBS (2000) from Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), Karnataka, India.
- He did MS (2008) from University Sains Malaysia (USM).
- He obtained a Fellowship (Breast & Endocrine Surgery, 2014) from Malaysia, a Fellowship (Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery, 2013) from Taiwan and a Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery (FMAS) from India.
- Dr. Kirubakaran A/L Malapan is well-versed in English, Bahasa Melayu and Tamil.
Breast Surgery, Endocrine Surgery and General Surgery.
List Of Treatments
- Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Gastric Banding Surgery
- Duodenal Switch
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery
- laparoscopic biliopancreatic diversion
- maestro rechargeable system
- Bariatric Surgery for Weight Loss
Work Experience of Dr. Kirubakaran A/L Malapan
Consultant, Ministry of Health, Malaysia
Consultant, Hospital Raja Permaisuri Bainun (HRPB), Ipoh
Consultant, Hospital Queen Elizabeth II, Kota Kinabalu
Dr. Kirubakaran A/L Malapan's
- MBBS, 1999, Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), Karnataka, India
- MS, 2008, University Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Fellowship, 2013, Taiwan
- Fellowship, 2014, Malaysia
Certificate of Excellence by the Ministry of Health, Malaysia, (APC) - 2002, 2008, 2015.
- Managing Diabetes During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Colorectal Cancer
- Breast Self-Examination – What You Need To Know
- Obesity & Bariatric Surgery
- Breast Cancer
- 5 Myths of Breast Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Healthy Eating During Ramadan
Wondering where to start?
(Get Free opinion, Quote, Medical Visa Invitation and Assistance at every step of your treatment.)