About Dr. Basanta Behera
- Dr. Basanta Behera is a highly experienced and skilled Orthopedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon with an extensive experience of +44 years.
- He has several professional affiliations with medical societies. Some of which are, life memberships of the, Odisha Orthopedic Association,the Bombay Orthopedic Association, the Indian Orthopedic Association and the Indian Arthroplasty Association. He also holds memberships of the, Orissa Council of Medical Registration and the Indian Medical Association.
- After completing MBBS from SCB Medical College, Dr. Behera did his MS in 1972. He also did his DNB.
- His surgical expertise includes performing primary and revision joint revision surgeries of the hip and knee, ACL reconstruction and shoulder and rotator cuff surgeries. He also treats complicated trauma and prosthesis for bone tumor patients.
- Dr. Behera holds many records to his credit. Some of which are, he is the first orthopedic professor to perform total knee replacement surgery, first bilateral total knee replacement surgery, first surgeon to start dedicated ultramodern laminar airflow joint replacement OT at KIMS Odisha and the first doctor to perform RPF High Flexed knee in Odisha.
- He has contributed to medical journals by writing research papers in his area of expertise.
ACL reconstruction Shoulder and rotator cuff surgeries Complicated trauma Prosthesis for bone tumor patients.
Wondering where to start?
(Get Free opinion, Quote, Medical Visa Invitation and Assistance at every step of your treatment.)
Work Experience of Dr. Basanta Behera
Consultant, AMRI Hospitals, Bhubaneswar
Dr. Basanta Behera's
- DNB, Diplomate in National Board
- MS, 1972, S.C.B. Medical College, Cuttack.
- MBBS, S.C.B. Medical College, Cuttack.
Best Doctor in KIMS and Felicited by KIIT University, 2011. Rotary Club & IMA Bhubaneswar for contribution to joint replacement surgeries in Odisha, 2013. Services in Orthopedics and Joint Replacement Surgeries, 2014.