Dr. Ashok S. Gavaskar
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonConsultant , Fellowship, MS, MBBS, 10 years of experience
Chennai , India
List Of Treatments
Wondering where to start?
(Get Free opinion, Quote, Medical Visa Invitation and Assistance at every step of your treatment.)
Work Experience of Dr. Ashok S. Gavaskar
Senior Consultant, Gleneagles Global Health City, 2018
Consultant, Sunil’s Orthoworld, 2018
Visiting Consultant, Mehta Hospital, 2015
Consultant, Parvathy Hospital, 2015
Associate Professor, Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute, 2008
Associate Professor, Sri Sathya Sai Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai
Frequently Asked Questions About Dr. Ashok S. Gavaskar
Dr. Ashok S. Gavaskar practices at Dr. Rela Institute and Medical Centre, Chennai
Dr. Ashok S. Gavaskar specialty is Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon
Dr. Ashok S. Gavaskar is Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon with 10 years of experience.
Dr. Ashok S. Gavaskar is Fellowship, MS, MBBS.
BLOGS THAT MAY INTEREST YOU
- What is The Normal Recovery Time For Knee Replacement Surgery?
- How Many Types Of Knee Implants Are There?
- Common Myths About Hip Replacement Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Hip Replacement Surgery – Symptoms, Approach, Management and More
- Recovery after Ankle surgery
- Everything You Need to Know about Rheumatoid Arthritis
- When is Knee Replacement Surgery Recommended?
- What are the different types of knee surgery?
- Hip Replacement Surgery in India
- How Much Does it Cost For Knee Replacement Surgery in India?
- How Much Does a Hip Replacement Cost in India?
- Recovery after ACL surgery in India
- Prosthetic Surgery in India
- Which is the best hospital for knee replacement in India?
- What is the Success Rate of Knee Replacement in India?
- Why is India a Preferred Destination for Orthopedic Surgeries
More About Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon
The Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon deals with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of disorders of the bones, joints, ligaments, tendons and muscles.
The symptoms include where a person is unable to perform daily routine activities because of pain, experiencing stiffness even when lying down or at rest and there is pain despite having medications.
The investigations include Arthrography, Blood Tests, Bone Scan, Computed Tomography (CT Scan), Discography, Doppler Ultrasound, Dual-Photon Absorptiometry, and Dual-Energy X-ray Absorptiometry.
Not really, in reality the Orthopedists treat a range of conditions such as fractures and dislocations, osteoporosis, back injuries and more. Because surgery is so integral to the role, the terms "orthopedist" and "orthopedic surgeon" are often used interchangeably.
For 80–90% of people who have total knee replacement, the new joint usually last for about 20 years or more.