Varicose Vein Removal Cost in India
About Surgical Treatment of Varicose Veins
Varicose veins are gnarled, enlarged veins. Which is caused when the valves which are designed to keep blood from running backward away from the heart and back down into the leg fail or become loose and flabby , allowing backwash, which stretches veins and even slowly leaks into ankle and leg tissue, causing swelling.
Treatment of varicose veins is usually required to:
- Ease symptoms – if they are causing you pain or discomfort
- Treat complications – such as leg ulcers, swelling or skin discolouration
- For cosmetic reasons
Ligation & Stripping (Surgical Treatment) Procedure
Surgical treatment for varicose veins is called as ligation and stripping. Which involves tying off the vein in the affected leg and then removing it.
- Varicose vein surgery is carried out under general anaesthesia.The procetakes 60-90 min.
- In this procedure, two small incisions are made, approximately 5cm (2in) in diameter. The first cut is made near the groin at the top of the varicose vein. The second cut is made further down the leg, usually around the knee or ankle. The top of the vein (near the groin) is tied up and sealed.
- A thin, flexible wire is passed through the bottom of the vein and then carefully pulled out and removed through the lower cut in the leg.
- The blood flow in the legs will not be affected by the surgery. This is because the veins situated deep within the legs will take over the role of the damaged veins.
- After the procedure, patient may need up to three weeks to recover before returning to work. Compression stockings need to be worn for up to a week after the surgery.
Patient Testimonials For General Surgery Procedures in India