Treatments and Cost Related to Valve Replacement
Need Specialist Opinion and Personalized Quote? For FREE
We have helped patients from 45+ countries
Our Patient Stories
Baby Caiclyn Portia / Valve Replacement / Kenya. I didn't want to wait and needed an immediate and permanent cureView More
52-year-old Nigerian Entrepreneur Finally Finds the Right Treatment. With Vaidam's help Mr. Akpabio finally got rid of his triple blockades.View More
A Successful Cardiac Treatment and a Short Birthday Party for his brother made Raj Kumar's Medical Tour to India Memorable. An angiogram revealed his heightened risk of heart failure.View More
Maina Daniel from Kenya Finally Got Rid of His Congenital Heart Disease after His Treatment in India. He didn't even know that he had a heart defect until recentlyView More
As Her Health Worsened, Pushpa Kant from Fiji Did Not Wait Any Longer to Have Her Heart Bypass Surgery in India. She felt the need for a cardiac treatment when her health was affected adverselyView More
Recommended Doctors For Valve Replacement View all (17)
Choose specialists in a citySelected :
Recommended Hospitals For Valve Replacement View all (23)
Choose hospitals in a citySelected :
More About Valve Replacement Surgery
Symptoms for Valve Replacement
Main signs of heart valve disease is an unusual heartbeat sound called a heart murmur. Many people having heart valve disease don't have any symptoms until they're middle-aged or older. The main signs and symptoms include:
- Unusual fatigue (tiredness) or weakness
- Shortness of breath or difficulty catching your breath
- Swelling in the ankles, feet, legs, abdomen, and veins in the neck
- Fluttering, racing, or irregular heartbeat.
- Chest pain or palpitations (rapid rhythms or skips)
- Inability to maintain regular activity level
- Light-headedness or loss of consciousness
Treatments for heart valve disorders mostly depends on the severity of the disorder and symptoms.
Medical Tests For Detecting Valve Replacement
For the diagnosis of heart valve disease, the doctor will firstly check for the signs and symptoms. Then a physical examination is performed. The commonly advised test are:
- Chest-X ray
- Cardiac catheterization
- Stress test
- Cardiac MRI
Medications For Patients with Valve problem
The commonly prescribes medicines are:
- Beta –blockers & calcium channel blockers: These control the heart rate and blood flow
- Diuretics: To reduce fluid retention
- Vasodilators : These drugs open or dilate blood vessels
About Valve Surgery
The procedure is performed under general anaesthesia & the procedure takes 2-4 hours.
- Patient is shifted to the operating room & GA is administered
- Patient’s heart is stopped & they are is connected to a heart-lung bypass machine. This machine performs the work of the heart, providing oxygen and removing carbon dioxide.
- Open Heart Surgery: Surgeon makes a large surgical cut in the breastbone to reach the heart and aorta.
- Minimally Invasive Surgery: In this procedure very small cuts are made or it is performed by using a catheter, which is inserted through the skin.
- Valve repair : If the valve can be repaired ,then the surgeon will repair it by
- Ring annuloplasty: The ring-like part around the valve is repaired by sewing a ring of plastic, cloth, or tissue around the valve.
- Valve repair: In this the surgeon trims, shapes, or rebuilds one or more of the leaflets of the valve. The leaflets are flaps that open and close the valve.
- Valve replacement: If the valve is too damaged, a new valve is put. In this the surgeon will remove the old valve and put a new one in place. The main types of new valves are:
- Mechanical – This is made of man-made materials, such as metal (stainless steel or titanium) or ceramic. After the procedure, patient is advised to take blood-thinning medicine for the rest of their life
- Biological – This is made of human or animal tissue. These valves last 12 to 15 years, and the patient may not need to take blood thinners for life.
- Incision will be closed with sutures or surgical staples and a sterile bandage or dressing will be applied.
Factors Affecting Cost of Valve Replacement Surgery
Following are the factors which will affect the treatment cost:
- The hospital patient is opting for.
- Room –Standard single room, deluxe room, super deluxe room for the number of nights specified (including nursing fee, meals, room rate, and room service).
- Operating room, ICU
- Fee for the team of doctors (Surgeons ,Anesthesist ,Physiotherapist ,Dietician )
- Standard test and diagnostic procedures
- Cost of valve