Diagnostic criteria for individuals going for thigh lift procedure
- Patient maintaining stable weight as further weight fluctuations could lead to skin drooping again.
- Individuals with excess soft tissue along the thigh
- Those who are healthy and do not have co morbid medical conditions that impair healing
- Those who are psychologically healthy with realistic goals towards surgery
- Patient committed to leading a healthy lifestyle
Recommended: Cosmetic Surgery in India
- The consultant will discuss likely outcomes of thigh lift surgery and any risks or complication
- The consultant will note medical history including previous surgeries, current medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
- Inform the consultant of medications, vitamins, herbal supplements you are consuming on regular basis.
- If you have history of drug use, tobacco usage
- Consultant will evaluate your general health status
- Examine and measure your body
- Take photographs for medical record
- Get lab testing or a medical evaluation before surgery
- Advised to take certain medications and avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements .
- The surgery takes up to four hours.
- Anesthesia is administered
- Incision patterns vary based on the areas to be treated, degree of correction and patient and surgeon preference.
- Medial thigh lift- a surgical procedure to correct sagging of the inner thigh.
- The surgeon might even perform minimal incision inner thigh lift that involves an incision only in the groin area.
- Outer/lateral thigh lift- a surgical procedure to correct sagging of the outer thigh.
- May require an incision extending from the groin around the hip and across the back.
- Sutures, skin adhesive tapes or clips are used to close the skin incisions.
- The surgeon also often does liposuction along with the thigh lift procedure.
- Adviced to stay in the hospital overnight for monitoring
After the Procedure
- Following the procedure patient will be shifted to recovery ROOM
- Dressings will be put on incision areas.
- Vitals will be monitored on a regular basis .
- Small, thin tubes may be temporarily placed under the skin to drain excess fluid or blood.
- Painkillers, antibiotics, and occasionally anticoagulant drugs are administered after surgery .
- The surgical incisions should not subjected to excessive force, or motion during the time of healing
- Patients are advised to wear compression garments which help to hold thighs in place and reduce swelling.
- Risks of Thigh lift surgery
You may be interested in: Thigh Lift
Possible thigh lift surgery risks include:
- Poor wound healing
- Fluid accumulation
- Fat Necrosis (Fatty tissue under the skin might die )
- Persistent pain
- Skin discoloration
- Numbness of skin
- Recurrent looseness of skin, Possibility of re surgery
- Factors Affecting Costs Of Thigh Lift
Helpful: When to Consider a Thigh Lift
Factors affecting the cost
The factors affecting the cost of thigh lift may include:
- The amount and location of excess skin, fat, and tissue to be reduced. This will impact the type of incision and surgical techniques used during surgery, which affect its cost.
- Anesthesia cost
- Surgeon and team of doctors cost
- Hospital or surgical facility cost
- Medical tests and diagnostic procedure cost
- Medication cost
- Post-surgery follow up cost