Thigh Lift Surgery in India
Thigh lift is a cosmetic surgical procedure designed to reshape the thigh. This procedure involves removal of excess skin and fat and tightening of the skin in the thigh area.
It results in better contours of the thighs by reducing sagging in the inner or outer thigh areas. The procedure involves surgery with an extensive recovery period. The results of the procedure are noticeable, with minor scarring.
Need Specialist Opinion and Personalized Quote? For FREE
We have helped patients from 60+ countries
Patient Testimonials For Cosmetic And Plastic Surgery Procedures in India
Top Doctors For Thigh Lift Surgery Treatment in India View all (8)
Choose specialists in a citySelected :
Top Hospitals For Thigh Lift Surgery Treatment in India View all (49)
Choose hospitals in a citySelected :
Single Specialty | New Delhi
Multi Specialty | Chennai
Single Specialty | Gurgaon
Multi Specialty | Gurgaon
About Thigh Lift
Diagnostic criteria for individuals going for thigh lift procedure
- Patient maintaining stable weight as further weight fluctuations could lead to skin drooping again.
- Individuals with excess soft tissue along the thigh
- Those who are healthy and do not have co morbid medical conditions that impair healing
- Those who are psychologically healthy with realistic goals towards surgery
- Patient committed to leading a healthy lifestyle
- The consultant will discuss likely outcomes of thigh lift surgery and any risks or complication
- The consultant will note medical history including previous surgeries, current medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
- Inform the consultant of medications, vitamins, herbal supplements you are consuming on regular basis.
- If you have history of drug use, tobacco usage
- Consultant will evaluate your general health status
- Examine and measure your body
- Take photographs for medical record
- Get lab testing or a medical evaluation before surgery
- Advised to take certain medications and avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements .
- The surgery takes up to four hours.
- Anesthesia is administered
- Incision patterns vary based on the areas to be treated, degree of correction and patient and surgeon preference.
- Medial thigh lift- a surgical procedure to correct sagging of the inner thigh.
- The surgeon might even perform minimal incision inner thigh lift that involves an incision only in the groin area.
- Outer/lateral thigh lift- a surgical procedure to correct sagging of the outer thigh.
- May require an incision extending from the groin around the hip and across the back.
- Sutures, skin adhesive tapes or clips are used to close the skin incisions.
- The surgeon also often does liposuction along with the thigh lift procedure.
- Adviced to stay in the hospital overnight for monitoring
After the Procedure
- Following the procedure patient will be shifted to recovery ROOM
- Dressings will be put on incision areas.
- Vitals will be monitored on a regular basis .
- Small, thin tubes may be temporarily placed under the skin to drain excess fluid or blood.
- Painkillers, antibiotics, and occasionally anticoagulant drugs are administered after surgery .
- The surgical incisions should not subjected to excessive force, or motion during the time of healing
- Patients are advised to wear compression garments which help to hold thighs in place and reduce swelling.
- Risks of Thigh lift surgery
Possible thigh lift surgery risks include:
- Poor wound healing
- Fluid accumulation
- Fat Necrosis (Fatty tissue under the skin might die )
- Persistent pain
- Skin discoloration
- Numbness of skin
- Recurrent looseness of skin, Possibility of re surgery
- Factors Affecting Costs Of Thigh Lift
Factors affecting the cost
The factors affecting the cost of thigh lift may include:
- The amount and location of excess skin, fat, and tissue to be reduced. This will impact the type of incision and surgical techniques used during surgery, which affect its cost.
- Anesthesia cost
- Surgeon and team of doctors cost
- Hospital or surgical facility cost
- Medical tests and diagnostic procedure cost
- Medication cost
- Post-surgery follow up cost