Spleen Removal - Splenectomy Cost in India
A splenectomy is a surgical procedure to remove a diseased or damaged spleen. Spleen is a delicate, fist-sized organ that sits under the left rib cage near the stomach.
Splenectomy is performed under general anaesthesia .Surgeon may do either an open splenectomy or a laparoscopic splenectomy.
During open spleen removal:
- An incision is made in the middle of the belly or on the left side of the belly just below the ribs and spleen is located.
- The incision is closed using stitches or staples.
During laparoscopic spleen removal:
- Three or four small cuts are made in the belly.
- The surgeon inserts an instrument called a laparoscope through one of the cuts. The scope has a tiny camera and light on the end, which allows the surgeon to see inside the belly.
- Gas is pumped into the belly to expand it, providing room to work.
- The surgeon uses the scope and other instruments to remove the spleen.
- The scope and other instruments are removed. The incisions are closed using stitches or staples.
After the procedure
Patient will have to stay in the hospital for only 2or3 days after a laparoscopic splenectomy. Complete healing will take 4 to 6 weeks.
Patient Testimonials For General Surgery Procedures in India