Types of Rhinoplasty
There are two types of Rhinoplasty
Open Rhinoplasty- in this the columella (i.e skin and cartilage bridge in between the nostrils) is also incised, useful in putting the grafts and also helps to visualize nasal cartilage accurately.
Closed Rhinoplasty- the surgeon performs the procedure within the nose and does not cut the bridge in between the nostril.
- Obstructed airway- the procedure helps restoring breathing by correcting nasal blockages.
- Cosmetic appearance- Nose being a prominent feature of face can have a big impact on self confidence, so uses of Rhinoplasty is increasingly done for cosmetic purposes like in case removal of dorsal hump, wide nose with rounded tip, nasal asymmetry etc.
- Congenital nose defects and deformities – correction of vascular malformation and cleft lip and cleft palate
- Trauma- burns and nasal fractures
- Nasal Pathologies
Procedure of Rhinoplasty surgery
- During initial visit the physician analyses the functional and cosmetic nasal problem of the patient, External and internal nasal examination is done , photographs of the nose from different angles are taken .
- The physician discusses about your expectations explains about the possibilities what Rhinoplasty can do to help.
- Then complete medical and surgical evaluation is done to declare fit before surgery, you are required to avoid certain medications and also stop smoking before surgery.
- Usually general anaesthesia is given
- In open rhinoplasty incision made inside nostril and below the nose
- Skin lifted and nasal structures exposed
- Cartilage and bone removed and restructured
- The bones are pushed in to narrow the nose
- Occasionally graft is placed for support
- Fine Stitches are used to close the incisions
- Splint placed for protection and support and is removed after a few days
- Scars are usually hidden and fade away.
- Patient is prescribed antibiotics, pain killers, steroids to have an infection free early healing of the cartilage and bone tissues
- Dressing are put in each nostril and splint taped over nose
- Rest is recommended with head raised to reduce swelling and bleeding, nose may feel congested
- There may be slight drainage of mucus and bleeding after surgery
- The cast and sutures removed 5-7 days
- The stents are removed by about 14 days
- The swelling and blackish bluish discoloration around eyes lasts for about 2 weeks
Complications of Rhinoplasty surgery
It’s a safe surgery yet complications can arise
- Infection leading to absess formation
- Recurring nose bleeds
- Scars that cause airway obstruction and may again require secondary Rhinoplasty
- If too much cartilage is removed change in shape of nasal skin leading to deformity, if cartilage at nasal tip is cut it may cause pinched tip .
- There may be septal perforation, or if nasal septum is unsupported there may be deformity.
- There may be numbness in and around the nose
Factors Affecting the Cost of Rhinoplasty
Following are the factors which will affect the cost:
- The hospital patient is opting for.
- Room– Standard single room, deluxe room, super deluxe room for the number of nights specified (including nursing fee, meals, room rate, and room service).
- Operating room, ICU
- Fee for the team of doctors (Surgeons, Anesthetist, Dietician )
- Standard test and diagnostic procedures
- Follow up
Top Doctors For Rhinoplasty Treatment in India View all (9)
Choose specialists in a citySelected :
Top Hospitals For Rhinoplasty Treatment in India View all (70)
Choose hospitals in a citySelected :
Single Specialty | New Delhi
Multi Specialty | Chennai
Single Specialty | Gurgaon
Multi Specialty | Gurgaon
Need Specialist Opinion and Personalized Quote? For FREE
We have helped patients from 60+ countries
Patient Testimonials For Cosmetic And Plastic Surgery Procedures in India