Pectoral implants are implants used to enhance the muscular appearance of the male chest by improving the bulk and projection of the pectoral muscles.This procedure helps in improving self-image and self-confidence, the exact procedure is personalized according to individual needs. Implants come in different sizes to increase the prominence of the pectoral muscle. Male pectoral implants are made of silicone.
Indications for Pectoral implant surgery
- Men who want to increase the size of the chest without the requirement of lifelong weight training or medications.
- When even after much exercise, the desired physique cannot be achieved.
- After cancer surgery in men for reconstruction of chest
- For individuals who have abnormally thin pectoral muscles due to congenital conditions which affect the development of the chest.
- The surgeon will evaluate your general health status, previous surgical history, Past and present Medical history, drug allergies
- Clinically examine your chest, the surgeon will consider every factor: your body type, symmetry, proportions, the desired result
- Photograph your chest for reference postoperatively.
- Discuss your expectations likely outcomes of surgery and any risks or potential complications
- Adjust your current medications, and stop few medications like aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Many patients may be asked to quit smoking prior to surgery, as smoking can increase your risk of infection and can cause problems in healing.
- General medical tests and investigations before surgery.
- It is important to have a realistic attitude
- The procedure usually takes about 1-2 hrs
- The procedure is performed under general anaesthetic
- The surgeon will make small incisions in the armpit or under the chest.
- The pectoral implant is inserted via the incision, a pocket will be made under the skin
- The pectoral implant is placed under the pectoralis muscle, making it looksmooth and natural.
- Once the implant is placed correctly your surgeon will stitch the incisions made.
- Dressing is applied to minimize the chance of infection.
- Shifted to recovery and kept under observation till vitals stabilize
- Pain and a bruised feeling is present for initial few days,
- Pain-killers and antibiotics will be prescribed.
- Small drain would left in for 3-5 days to collect fluids.
- Any sutures will be removed after 7-10 days.
- Limit strenuous exercise for about 2-4 weeks
- Scars of procedure heal at 6-weeks post-operative, and fade within several months,
As with any surgery, there is the small risk of complications:
- Infection, poor healing of incision
- Risk of injury to tendons, nerves, blood vessels and other tissues
- Fluid accumulation
- Changes in sensation
- Scar tissue forming and hardening in the area around the implant
- Problems with the size or shape of the implants leading toasymmetry
Factors Affecting the Cost of Pectoral implant surgery
Following are the factors which will affect the treatment cost:
- The hospital patient is opting for.
- Operating room, recovery room charges
- Fee for the team of doctors (Surgeons, Anesthesist, etc. )
- Medicines and sterile dressings
- Standard test and diagnostic procedures
- Cost of Implant
- Cost of follow up care