Orthopedic Stem Cell Treatment Cost in India
Healing with regenerative therapy
More about Orthopaedic Stem Cell Treatment
Stem cell therapy is a revolutionary approach, showing good results. The use of stem cells continues to evolve in orthopedic medicine. Mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) are used in orthopedic stem cell therapy. These have the ability to create new cells in healthy tissue, as well as to potentially regenerate tissue or facilitate healing.
Regenerative or Stem cell therapy is improving the quality of life for people who didn´t have any alternative in traditional treatment methods.
Types of Stem cell Transplant
- Autologous transplant: When the stem cells come from your own blood or bone marrow, it is called an autologous transplant
- Allogenic transplant: When the stem cells come from another person, itis called an allogeneic transplant. The donors' immune system markers are closely matched to the recipient.
Stem cell treatment in orthopedic conditions
Used in various orthopedic treatments
- Stem cell therapy is proving to be a solution for patients with spinal cord injury
- Neck pain and joint pain
- Sport medicine
- Bone grafting in skeletal defects,
- Managing delayed unions and non-unions,
- Treating osteonecrosis and tissue engineering purposes.
Advantages of stem cell therapy in orthopedics
- Help relieve pain without the need for surgical procedures.
- Speeds up healing: It is especially useful in sports medicine; enables one resume to their sporting activities earlier than with surgery.
- Increases functionality: Stem cell therapy also increases flexibility and range of motion when used to treat joint pain.
- Patients are less prone to the risks of surgeries like blood clots and infections.
- Has the potential to reverse diseases
You may be interested in: Current Perspectives of Stem Cell Therapy in Orthopedic Surgery
- Before you have stem cell treatment, your physician will discuss the process and all its effects with you.
- Evaluation-You will first be evaluated to find out if you are eligible
- Many different medical tests will be performed, these might include:
- A complete health history and physical exam
- CT (Computed Tomography) scan or MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- Heart tests
- Lung function tests, such as a chest x-ray and PFTs
- Blood tests, such as a complete blood count, blood chemistry
- Hepatitis B, CMV, and HIV
- Advised to stop all non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) one week prior the procedure
- Asked to stop any medication or supplements that thin the blood like aspirin
- Stem cells are normally taken from the patients fat tissue or bone marrow.
- The bone marrow is a commonly used source of stem cells collection since this is where they are most concentrated in the body.
- When extracting stem cell, a special needle reaches into the bone marrow in the pelvic bone.
- The sample is then centrifuged to separate the adult stem cells, platelets and white blood cells.
- The stem cells are then injected directly into the damaged area to accelerate regeneration and healing.
- Mild pain and irritation at the site of injection for about 24- 48 hrs
- It is a painless process and no anesthesia required.
Helpful: Stem cell therapy for arthritis
Stem cell injections come from a patient’s own body so the rejection risk is extremely low. Side effects from the infusion are rare and usually mild, they may be :
- Infection, Fever
- Swelling at the injection site
- Bruising at the bone marrow harvest location.
The procedure offers a long-lasting relief from chronic orthopedic diseases, helping in restoration of their quality of life.patients find themselves in a better physical state, if not totally cured in many cases.
Factors Affecting Cost of stem cell treatment
The cost to the patient depends on a variety of factors like:
- The hospital, the patient chooses
- Fee for the team of doctors
- Cost of medications
- Cost for stem cell collection process, cost of the procedure
- Standard tests and diagnosis
- Cost of the follow–up required after the procedure