Symptoms of Neuropathy
- Tingling or numbness
- The patient either feels extreme pain or doesn’t feel pain at all due to sensory issues
- Unable to detect hot or cold
- The patient might also experience sharp pain at night
- Foot and leg ulcers, infections and gangrene
- Unable to perform simple tasks like buttoning shirts
- Frequent muscle twitching and cramps
- Muscle paralysis
- Dizziness or fainting
- Unable to tolerate heat or cold
- The patient is unable to control bladder function or retain urine
- Bloating, constipation and diarrhea
- Erectile dysfunction
A number of tests may be required to detect the exact type of neuropathic disorder. Blood tests may be conducted to check its various inconsistencies. Infections can be detected through them which will be helpful in the treatment. The number of tests performed are listed below:
- Physical examination to find the cause of nerve damage
- Electromyography (EEG)
- Nerve Conduction Velocity Test (NCV)
- Nerve Biopsy
- Muscle test
- Skin biopsy
- Imaging tests like X-Ray, MRI, CT Scans may be conducted for finding the source of pressure or damage
Stem Cell Treatment Procedure of Neuropathy
- Stem cell treatment not only provides pain relief but also ensures that the peripheral nervous system starts functioning properly again.
- This is done by generating functional neural cells through stem cell treatment.
- These stem cells have the ability to repair the damaged neural cells so that the patient is cured.
- The stem cells are harvested from the bone marrow or the adipose tissues of the patient.
- These stem cells are isolated and treated. Once they are separated from unwanted cells they are enriched and activated.
- After this process is complete these stem cells are administered to the patient either through intravenous method or intra-thecal administration is followed.
- The stem cells reach the target regions and starts repairing the damage.
- The healing process is fast and effective.
After the Procedure
The patient should follow the precautions adviced by the doctors to ensure that no further damage is caused to the cells and also measures to control other issues affecting the problem like diabetes, infections and others. No specific dietary restrictions are levied on the patients. The patient will have to go for follow ups so that suitable amendments can be made according to the response of the treatment.
Factors Affecting the Cost of Treatment
Some of the following factors may affect your cost of treatment:
- The Kind of hospital you opt for
- Room– Standard single room, deluxe room, super deluxe room for the number of nights specified (including nursing fee, meals, room rate, and room service)
- Operating room, ICU
- Fee for the team of doctors (Surgeons, Anesthetist, Physiotherapist, Dietician )
- Standard test and diagnostic procedures
- Type of stem cells used
- If the stem cells are being taken from a donor
- How many stem cell injections are being given and how they are being given meaning intrathecal administration or intravenous administration