Need Specialist Opinion and Personalized Quote? For FREE
We have helped patients from 60+ countries
Top Doctors For Liver Cirrhosis Treatment Treatment in India View all (33)
Choose specialists in a citySelected :
24 years of experience , Gurgaon
31 years of experience , New Delhi
17 years of experience , New Delhi
47 years of experience , Chennai
Top Hospitals For Liver Cirrhosis Treatment Treatment in India View all (29)
Choose hospitals in a citySelected :
More About Liver Cirrhosis Treatment
Cirrhosis is a condition of the liver where the liver becomes scarred. This invariably results in poor performance or functioning of the liver and usually occurs after a chronic disease of the liver. Toxins and severe intake of alcohol are mostly the culprits behind liver disease. The toxins that cause cirrhosis include chemicals, (for example, liquor, fat, and certain meds), infections, poisonous metals, (for example, iron and copper that gather in the liver because of hereditary illnesses). Liver cirrhosis may also be caused by immune system disorders in which the body's immune system assaults the liver. Sometimes, the liver cirrhosis may reach a stage where the liver damage may reach terminal stage. At such times, surgery is the option for patients with end-stage liver disease, ESLD, who develop hepaticencephalopathy, ascites, variceal haemorrhage, or renal malfunction.
Symptoms of Liver Cirrhosis
People with cirrhosis may have few or no side effects and indications of liver illness. A portion of the side effects might be nonspecific, that is, they don't recommend that the liver is the cause. The most tentative symptoms of cirrhosis of liver include:
- Due to the accumulation of bilirubin in the blood, the skin starts to turn yellow in color (jaundice)
- Weakness and tiredness
- Loss of weight and appetite
- Itchy skin
- Easy bruising as a result of the decreased production of blood clotting factors by the diseased liver.
- Individuals with cirrhosis also develop symptoms and signs from the complications of cirrhosis.
Certain tests can reveal Liver Damage and Cirrhosis
- Total Blood Count
- Liver Function Test
- Prothrombin Time
- Blood Albumin Level
- MRI of the abdomen
- Endoscopy of the esophagus or stomach
- CT of the abdomen
- Ultrasound of the abdomen
- Liver Biopsy for confirmation
Treatment for cirrhosis relies upon the reason and degree of your liver harm. The objectives of treatment are to moderate the movement of scar tissue in the liver and to anticipate or treat indications and intricacies of cirrhosis. You should be hospitalized on the off chance that you have serious liver harm.
- The initial treatment for Liver Cirrhosis includes treating the basic cause behind it, this includes
- Treatment for Liquor Reliance: Individuals with cirrhosis caused by liquor abuse should quit drinking.
- Weight reduction: Individuals with cirrhosis caused by nonalcoholic greasy liver infection will extremely benefit by reducing weight and control their glucose levels. It is critical to keep up sufficient protein consumption while endeavoring weight reduction at the time of liver cirrhosis.
- Drugs to control different causes and indications of cirrhosis: Some medications can reduce the transformation of the liver to cirrhosis stage if the damage to the liver is detected earlier. For instance, for individuals with essential biliary cirrhosis (now known as essential biliary cholangitis) that is analyzed early, medicines can deviate progress of disease to cirrhosis.
- Different medicines can diminish certain manifestations, for example, tingling, exhaustion and agony. Wholesome supplements might be recommended to counter unhealthiness related with cirrhosis and to avoid deterioration of bones (osteoporosis).
Treatment for Side Effects of Cirrhosis
Your specialist will work to treat any side effects of cirrhosis, including:
- Abundance of liquid in your body: A low-sodium eating regimen and medicines are given to manage accumulation of liquid in the body that leads to swelling.
- Diseases: You may get anti-infection agents or different medicines for diseases. Your specialist additionally is probably going to suggest inoculations for flu, pneumonia and hepatitis.
- Expanded liver tumor hazard: Your specialist will suggest blood tests and ultrasound exams at regular intervals to search for indications of liver disease.
- Hepatic encephalopathy: You might be endorsed prescriptions to help keep the development of poisons in your blood because of poor liver capacity.
In extreme cases of cirrhosis, when the liver stops to work, a liver transplant might be the main treatment alternative. Individuals more often than not have to consider this alternative when they have side effects from cirrhosis, for example, jaundice, noteworthy liquid maintenance (ascites), draining varices, hepatic encephalopathy, kidney damage or liver disease. In a liver transplant, the damaged liver is replaced by a healthy liver from a donor who has expired or with part of a liver from a living person.
Factors Affecting Treatment Cost of Liver Cirrhosis
- Fee of the medical team
- Hospitalization charges
- Cost of medicines
- Diagnostic tests