Need Specialist Opinion and Personalized Quote? For FREE
We have helped patients from 60+ countries
Patient Testimonials For Cosmetic And Plastic Surgery Procedures in India
Top Doctors For Gynecomastia Treatment Treatment in India View all (8)
Choose specialists in a citySelected :
Top Hospitals For Gynecomastia Treatment Treatment in India View all (49)
Choose hospitals in a citySelected :
Single Specialty | New Delhi
Multi Specialty | Chennai
Single Specialty | Gurgaon
Multi Specialty | Gurgaon
There are several techniques used in Gynecomastia Surgery. They are discussed below:
- Intra-areolar Incision: This is a commonly used technique in Gynecomastia surgery. Here, an incision is made extending the lower half part of areola circumference around the pigmented portion. The length of the incision will vary from one patient to the other.
- Skin Resection: This is a more severe case where the surgeon may surgically remove a part of the breast structure along with the nipple transposition if necessary.
- Pull-through Technique: This is less invasive than the other procedures involvingan extremely small incision at the areola’s edge. The glandular tissue is pulled from the incision using liposuction.
- Ultrasonic Liposuction: This technique is used at times when there is an excess of fatty tissue present in the breast region. Though, not all patients have to undergo this technique as majority of the people go through a combination involving excision and liposuction.
The procedure involves the following steps:
- Anaesthesia: Medications will be administered for the comfort of the patient at the time of surgery. The options will include general anaesthesia and intravenous sedation. The doctor will choose the best option according to the situation.
- Liposuction Technique: In situations when the condition is due to the presence of excess fatty tissue, the surgeon may opt for liposuction technique. The doctor will insert a cannula which is a hollow, thin tube through many small incisions. The cannula will be moved in a controlled motion for loosening the excess fat which is later removed by vacuum suction from the body. There are other liposuction techniques as well. The most appropriate technique will be selected by the doctor according to his/her judgement.
- Excision Technique: When excess skin or glandular breast tissue needs to be removed, this technique is applied. Excision will also be required to reduce the areola or reposition the nipple to a natural appearing male contour. Incision patterns will vary with respect to surgical preference and specific conditions.
- Combination Technique: At times the condition can also be treated using a combination of excision and liposuction together.
The doctor will start with questions regarding the drug and medical history of the patient along with the health conditions that run in the family. The doctor will also engage the patient in a physical examination which will involve a careful evaluation of the breast tissue, genitals, and abdomen.The patient will be asked to lie down. With the help of the forefinger and thumb, the doctor will examine the breast. Patients having true Gynecomastia will have a firm mount or rubbery tissue around the nipple area. Initial tests that the doctor will conduct will be to figure out the root cause behind Gynecomastia. These would be:
- Blood tests
Further testing will be required depending on the results that are received on the initial tests. They are:
- Tissue biopsies
- Testicular ultrasounds
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan
- Computerized tomography (CT) scan
Factors Affecting Cost of Gynecomastia Surgery
Following are the factors which will affect the treatment cost:
- The hospital patient is opting for
- Room– Standard single room, deluxe room, super deluxe room for the number of nights specified (including nursing fee, meals, room rate, and room service)
- Operating room, ICU
- Fee for the team of doctors (Surgeons ,Anesthesist ,Physiotherapist ,Dietician)
- Standard test and diagnostic procedures
- Cost of the follow–up care which is required after the procedure