Need Specialist Opinion and Personalized Quote? For FREE
We have helped patients from 45+ countries
Patient Testimonials For Cardiology And Cardiac Surgery Procedures in India
Mr Vasudev from Nairobi Received the Perfect Health Check in India. I want to thank Vaidam for all the assistance they have provided me withView More
Ibrahim from Bangladesh Gets an Appointment with Dr. Ashok Seth for Stent Procedure. 51-year-old Ibrahim’s success story of getting Angioplasty and Stent Procedure from his preferred doctor.View More
2-Year-Old Baby Mercy from Nigeria – A Story of Hope and an Undying Spirit – Returns Home after a Successful Heart Surgery. Judith Ogiamienand recalls her fight to keep her alive with a compelling story of resilience.View More
59 years old Praveena Devi from Fiji Finds a Surprisingly Simple Solution for her Complex Heart Problem.View More
Timely Diagnosis and Treatment Ensures that Mohammed Faizal can Return to Fiji without any Further Heart Complications. Now I know that finding the right treatment and getting the proper care is the key to fighting any disease.View More
17 Years Old Lucy from Malawi Pleasantly Surprised to Know She won’t Require Surgery for the Hole in her Heart. Met with three top doctors in India and all suggested not to undergo surgery for the hole in the heart.View More
Anatoly Oleinikov / Heart Transplant / Russia. After an anxious wait of 5 months, Mr Anatoly got the heart transplant surgery done in India.View More
Top Doctors For ECG-Treadmill Test TMT Treatment in India View all (88)
Choose specialists in a citySelected :
Top Hospitals For ECG-Treadmill Test TMT Treatment in India View all (24)
Choose hospitals in a citySelected :
A stress test is performed to determine if a patient is suffering from heart disease. A doctor or trained technician performs the test.
What Happens During the Exercise Stress Test?
- Firstly the technician will gently clean 10 small areas on the chest and place small, flat, sticky patches called electrodes on them. They’ll be attached to an electrocardiogram monitor -- called an EKG -- that charts the heart's electrical activity during the test.
- Before starting the exercise, the technician will perform an EKG to measure the heart rate at rest. He’ll also take the blood pressure.
- Patient will begin to exercise by walking on a treadmill or pedalling a stationary bicycle.
- The rate of exercise or degree of difficulty will gradually increase.
- Patient will be asked to exercise until they feel exhausted.
- It’s normal for the heart rate, blood pressure, breathing rate, and perspiration to increase during the test. The lab personnel will watch for anything on the EKG monitor that suggests the test should be stopped.
- After the test, patient will walk or pedal slowly for a couple of minutes to cool down. Patient’s heart rate, blood pressure, and EKG will continue to be monitored until the levels begin returning to normal.
- Exercise time is usually between 7 and 12 minutes.
Tread Mill Test: 2.41 Min