Need Specialist Opinion and Personalized Quote? For FREE
We have helped patients from 45+ countries
Patient Testimonials For Endocrinology Procedures in India
Nuriddin Rahmacov from Uzbekistan Gets Right Treatment and Diagnosis for His Type 1 Diabetes- Returns Home Fully Satisfied. My trip taught me to work at managing diabetes every day and making significant changes to my lifestyle.View More
Perpetually Blinded by High Diabetes, Ravjee Gets Relieved from the Pain in his Eyes after His Treatment in India. Relieved from the pain Rajeev hopes to regain his eyesightView More
Top Doctors For Diabetes Stem Cell Treatment Treatment in India View all (22)
Choose specialists in a citySelected :
Top Hospitals For Diabetes Stem Cell Treatment Treatment in India View all (23)
Choose hospitals in a citySelected :
Super Specialty | 252 beds | New Delhi
Super Specialty | 300 beds | Gurgaon
Multi Specialty | 285 beds | New Delhi
Super Specialty | 1250 beds | Gurgaon
More About Diabetes Stem Cell Treatment
Diabetes is a common chronic condition, having no definite cure, treatment is primarily focused on controlling the blood sugar levels by medicines, insulin injections and maintaining a proper diet. Diabetes can affect every organ of the body, so essential to keep sugar levels under control. With the use of stem cell therapy, there might be a cure for diabetes. An embryonic stem cell can develop a beta cell and these cells of the pancreas can be then transferred to diabetic patients.
Types of Diabetes
There are two major types of diabetes: type 1 and type 2.
- Type 1 Diabetes: Insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (IDDM), or juvenile onset diabetes mellitus- here the beta cells of the pancreas, which are responsible for insulin production, are attacked by the immune system, and thus incapable of making insulin. People with type 1 diabetes must rely on insulin medication for survival.
- Type 2 Diabetes: Non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM), or adult onset diabetes mellitus (AODM). In type 2 diabetes, patients can produce insulin, but its inadequate for their body's needs, as there is a lack of sensitivity to insulin by the cells of the body.
Symptoms of Diabetes
- Weight loss
- Frequent Urination
- Blurry vision
- Wounds that won’t heal
- Numbness or tingling hands and feet
- Sexual problems
Tests and Diagnosis for Diabetes
- HBA1C - Glycated hemoglobin (A1C) test. An A1C level of 6.5 percent or higher on two separate tests indicates that you have diabetes
- Random blood sugar test
- Fasting blood sugar test
- Oral glucose tolerance test
- Urine examination
Types of Stem cell Transplant
- Autologous Transplant: When the stem cells come from your own bloodor bone marrow, it is called an autologous transplant
- Allogenic transplant: When the stem cells come from another person, itis called an allogeneic transplant. The donors immune system markers areclosely matched to the recipient.
- Before you have stem cell treatment, your physician will discuss the treatment modalities in detail.
- Evaluation-You will first be evaluated to find out if you are eligible for stem cell treatment.
- Many different medical tests will be performed, these might include:
- A complete health history and physical exam
- Heart tests
- Lung function tests, such as a chest x-ray and PFTs
- Blood tests, such as a complete blood count, blood chemistry,
- Hepatitis B, CMV, and HIV
- Advised to stop all non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) one week prior the procedure
- Asked to stop any medication or supplements that thin the blood like aspirin
- Stem cells are normally extracted from the patients fat tissue or bone marrow.
- The sample is centrifuged
- The stem cells are then implantedeither Intra arterial, intravenous, Lumbar puncture, Intramuscular or Intradermal
- Implantation is a painless process and no anesthesia required.
- Patient generally monitored for about a day in the hospital.
- More stable blood sugar levels and a gradual decrease of HbA1C
- Normalized blood counts
- 50% decrease in insulin shot requirements
- Reduced severity and frequency of diabetes-related complications
- Improved sexual capacity
- Boosted immunity
- Better overall life quality.
Stem cell injections come from a patient’s own body so the rejection risk is extremely low. Side effects from the infusion are rare and usually mild, they may be :
- Infection, Fever
Factors Affecting Cost of stem cell treatment
The cost to the patient depends on a variety of factors like:
- The hospital, the patient chooses
- Fee for the team of doctors
- Cost of medications
- Cost for stem cell collection process, cost of the procedure
- Number of stem cell infusions
- Standard tests and diagnosis
- Cost of the follow–up after the procedure