Breast Cancer Treatment
Breast cancer is a cancer that starts in the tissues of the breast. There are 2 main types of breast cancer:
- Ductal carcinoma: This starts in the tubes (ducts) that carry milk from the breast to the nipple. Most breast cancers are of this type.
- Lobular carcinoma: This starts in the parts of the breast, called lobules, which produce milk.
Treatment is based on the
- Type of breast cancer
- Stage of the cancer
- Whether the cancer is sensitive to certain hormones
- Whether the cancer overproduces (overexpresses) the HER2/neu protein
Cancer treatments include:
- Hormone therapy.
- Chemotherapy, which uses medicines to kill cancer cells.
- Radiation therapy, which is used to destroy cancerous tissue.
- Surgery to remove cancerous tissue:
- Targeted therapy uses medicine to attack the gene changes in cancer cells. Hormone therapy is an example of targeted therapy. It blocks certain hormones that fuel cancer growth.
New, improved treatments are helping people with breast cancer live longer. Factors that determine the risk for recurrence and the likelihood of successful treatment include:
- Location of the tumor and its spread.
- Whether a tumour is hormone receptor-positive or -negative
- Tumour markers
- Gene expression
- Tumour size and shape
- Rate of cell division or how quickly the tumour is growing
What is the Breast Cancer Treatment cost in India?
Breast Cancer Surgery cost in India varies from 2500-4500 USD. The complete treatment includes Chemotherapy and Radiation therapy along with surgery and it may cost around 6000-8000 USD. There are various factors affecting the cost of Breast Cancer:
- Type of surgery performed
- Doctor's fee
- Hospital selected
- Days in and outside the hospital
- Days in ICU
Top Doctors For Breast Cancer-Surgical Treatment in India View all (58)
Choose specialists in a citySelected :
Top Hospitals For Breast Cancer-Surgical Treatment in India View all (76)
Choose hospitals in a citySelected :
Single Specialty | 300 beds | New Delhi
Multi Specialty | 1000 beds | New Delhi
Multi Specialty | 750 beds | Mumbai
Super Specialty | 1250 beds | Gurgaon
Need Specialist Opinion and Personalized Quote? For FREE
We have helped patients from 60+ countries
Videos Related to Breast Cancer-Surgical In India
Dr. Raja Sundaram Explains the Various Advanced Diagnostic Procedures to Detect Breast Cancer and its Five Treatment Procedures
Breast Cancer Surgery
Mimmie Dunaiski from Namibia sharing her experience about Breast Cancer Treatment in India
Breast Cancer and its Treatment Explained by Dr. Amit Bhargava of Nayati Medicity, Mathura
Patient Testimonials For Oncology And Oncosurgery Procedures in India