Need Specialist Opinion and Personalized Quote? For FREE
We have helped patients from 60+ countries
Patient Testimonials For Cosmetic And Plastic Surgery Procedures in India
Top Doctors For Body Lift Surgery Treatment in India View all (8)
Choose specialists in a citySelected :
Top Hospitals For Body Lift Surgery Treatment in India View all (24)
Choose hospitals in a citySelected :
More About Body Lift Surgery
Body Lift is ideal for those patients who have experienced extensive weight loss but are left with sagging, loose skin and tissue. The body lift can be combined with other procedures for better results such as liposuction or brachioplasty.
Indications for body lift procedure
Excess saggy skin
Chronic rashes and infections in the folds
Personal hygiene issues
Complete medical history including any health problems you have had, ongoing medication and any allergies you may have.
You may be advised to stop taking certain medicines such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) or aspirin
Advised to stop smoking
Physical examination –the surgeon will examine and also take pictures for medical records.
The consultant will discuss the benefits and risks of the procedure
Tests are performed such as blood tests, X-ray examinations or an Electrocardiograph (ECG) to check fitness before surgery
Body lift surgery performed under general anesthesia
Circumferential incision is made around the lower abdomen and above the buttocks.
The unwanted skin and fat are excised from the abdomen, hips and lower back.
Remaining muscle and tissue is then pulled tight and sutures are placed for healing.
Absorbable sutures are generally used, which do not need to be removed, if required will be removed by surgeon within 7-10 days after the procedure
Small drainage tubes are placed in the treatment area after surgery, and these are normally removed within five to ten days.
Liposuction is often performed to remove unwanted fat
- Required to stay in a hospital overnight
- May experience temporary pain, bruising or swelling, which soon subsides.
- Patients are encouraged to get up and walk during the day after surgery.
- Advice to wear a compression garment to support the operated site
- You may also need to wear calf or leg stockings and have heparin injections.
- Avoid heavy lifting, strenuous exercise, swimming and strenuous sports until advised by your surgeon.
Complications of Body Lift Surgery
It is a safe surgery but occasionally risks and complications can occur, like:
- Allergic reaction
- Formation of haematoma
- Blood clot, which can be life threatening
- Pain, bruising and swelling around the operated site
- Visible and prominent scars
- Temporary numbness around operated sites
- Movements may feel constrained due to the tightened skin
- Excess fluid accumulation under the skin
Factors affecting the cost of Body Lift procedure
- Anesthesia fees
- Hospital or surgical facility costs
- Medical tests
- Post-surgery garments
- Prescriptions for medication
- Surgeon's fee
- The exact price of your body lift will be determined at the consultation appointment