Need Specialist Opinion and Personalized Quote? For FREE
We have helped patients from 60+ countries
Patient Testimonials For Cosmetic And Plastic Surgery Procedures in India
Top Doctors For Blepharoplasty Eye Lid Surgery Treatment in India View all (8)
Choose specialists in a citySelected :
Top Hospitals For Blepharoplasty Eye Lid Surgery Treatment in India View all (32)
Choose hospitals in a citySelected :
Diagnosis for Blepharoplasty
Blepharoplasty can reduce or eliminate vision problems and make the eyes appear younger. Diagnostic conditions for Blepharoplasty are:
- Droopy eyelids
- Loose or sagging skin of the upper eyelids that sometimes may impair vision (especially peripheral vision)
- Excess skin on the lower eyelids
- Bags under your eyes
- Fatty deposits that appear as puffiness in the eyelids
- Excess skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelid
Rare complications may occur:
- Blood clots
- Dry eyes
- Difficulty closing your eyes or other eyelid problems
- Injury to eye muscles
- Temporarily blurred vision
- Pain, which may persist
- Possible need for revision surgery
- Noticeable scarring
- Medical Records noted - previous surgeries, past and present medical conditions, such as dry eyes, glaucoma, allergies, circulatory problems, thyroid problems and diabetes.
- Your doctor will also ask about your use of medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, you will be advised against taking few medications till surgery.
- Advised to stop smoking for several weeks before your surgery as smoking can reduce your ability to heal after surgery
- Physical examinations and tests - Your surgeon will conduct a physical examination of the eye.
- Test for vision - Your eye doctor will examine your eyes and test your vision.
- Eyelid photography- Your eyes will be photographed from different angles. These photos help with planning the surgery, assessing its immediate and long-term effects
- Surgeon injects anesthetic medication into your eyelids and administers intravenous medication to keep you relaxed.
- The upper eyelid surgery can be corrected through an incision within the natural crease on the eyelid for removal of skin and fat. A thin stitch is then used to bring the skin together to allow for a creation of an eyelid crease.
- Incision lines for eyelid surgery are made to make scars well concealed
- Lower eyelid surgery can involve skin incisions directly below the lash line or an incision on the inside of the eyelid, called a transconjunctival approach.
- Laser blepharoplasty is the performance of eyelid surgery using a laser instead of a scalpel.
- Eyelid incisions typically are closed with sutures. Sutures are removed within one week.
- After surgery patient is shifted to recovery room to monitor complications.
- Lubricating ointment and cold compresses applied on eyes four to five times throughout the day.
- Occasionally eyes may be loosely covered with gauze
- Use prescribed eye drops or ointments to prevent infection and healing
- Post-operatively, the initial swelling and bruising consequent to the surgery will subside and resolve within 1–2 weeks
- May temporarily experience:
- Blurred vision
- Watering eyes
- sensitivity to light
- Double vision
- Puffy, numb eyelids
- Swelling and bruising like having black eyes
Factors Affecting the Cost of Blepharoplasty Procedure
Following are the factors which will affect the treatment cost:
- The hospital selected
- Operating room, recovery room charges
- Fee for the team of doctors (Surgeons, Anesthesist, dietician, etc.)
- Cost of Medicines and sterile dressings
- Standard test and diagnostic procedures
- Cost of follow ups and care required after procedure.
Eyelid Surgery Procedure: 4.53 minutes
Know more about Eyelid Surgery