- Tell us about yourself
I am 45 years old. I have an automobile business in Nairobi, Kenya
- What treatment did you undergo
I went to India for hair transplant
- How did you select the hospital and the doctor
I submitted my request for hair transplant. Patient relationship manager from Vaidam contacted me. I shared a picture of the portion where the hair was thin and needed transplant. Vaidam shared a comprehensive treatment plan with quotes and assessment from multiple doctors and hospitals. I chose to go with blk hospital in new Delhi.
- How was your experience in getting the Visa
I received the invite for Visa through Vaidam. Getting visa from the Indian high commission wasn't difficult
- How did you decide the place of stay?
I was presented with options to stay. I could also check the places on the internet to be sure about the facilities. There were many good options within walking distance from the hospital.
- Airport pickup
There was some miscommunication because of which I missed the person from vaidam who had come to pick me. I took a cab to reach to the hotel. I advise you to share the flight details and your picture to your host before flying.
- Tell us about your experience with the doctor and hospital
The hospital was very professional. Proper tests were conducted, I was briefed about the treatment and its impact. Since it was hair transplant my total stay in the hospital was for one day.
- How many days did you stay in the hospital?
- What did you do after the stay
I had a week before my return flight to Kenya. In that period I had to see the doctor a couple of times. Otherwise I was free. The team at Vaidam kept in touch during the entire duration. I was advised an itenerary for new delhi sight seeing, One day trip to the beautiful taj mahal, shopping trip. I benefitted from vaidam guys local expertise in choosing the mode or time of travel. Saved money. I also got dental treatment done at a fraction of what it would cost me in Nairobi.
- Any suggestion to people travelling to India for treatment?
- Having a friendly host makes your treatment experience wondwonderful
- Keep your host updated about your plan. It helps them plan the best for you.
- Always keep some extra days in hand.