- On a vacation at Maldives, 63-year-old Simon Powell from Britain suffered severe decompression and experienced breathing difficulties.
- The constant deterioration of his condition demanded advanced medical facilities.
- Although keeping him in a hyperbaric chamber for eight hours showed initial improvement, later his kidney failed while his arms and legs became immobile.
- Even at Male hospital, his condition could not be stabilized and he was finally airlifted to Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi.
- After a four hour flight, Simon received immediate recompression therapy at the hospital.
- According to senior consultant, internal & hyperbaric medicine, Dr. Tarun Sahni, some embolic areas were revealed in the brain MRI but gradually his cognitive and memory functions are improving, whereas the mild parenthesia in both his lower limbs also improved.
Source: Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Media Update