- 72-year-old Abid Karim Nur from Somalia was a bedridden patient before he arrived in India for a hip replacement surgery.
- He suffered from a broken hip and Dysplastic Crowe Type IV for about a year.
- His injury in the right hip shortened the affected leg making him unable to stand or walk.
- Admitted at KIMS Hospital, Hyderabad, he underwent a successful total hip replacement surgery in spite of having several complications.
- According to orthopedic consultant, Dr. Uday Krishna Myneni, apart from the fracture, the complex condition of Nur was posed by the diabetes he suffers from and his past treatments of chemotherapy for neck cancer and cataract surgeries.
- The complete surgical procedure was performed in two parts.
Source: KIMS Hospitals, Media Update